[B18] Storage Crates v1.18.2 (3/23/2018) [Chemfuel Barrels! (now fixed)]

Started by l2evy, April 10, 2016, 03:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsebseb

Quote from: l2evy on September 11, 2016, 05:58:24 AM
Quote from: mrsebseb on September 10, 2016, 05:39:36 PM
So, when I load the game I get an error with this mod I get this error:
*Snip*
Nevermind, I'm a moron, don't know how I missed the problem. I blame lack of sleep...

First line of Packing_Recipes.xml was
Quotexml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
and not
Quote<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

uh...I checked the github and I have not edited that line at all in that file so as far as I am aware it was not me. I do not assure it will work if you go editing things or download from modpacks that may/may not have edited the originals I release.

That's weird, I downloaded the file again, twice from github and twice from dropbox and got the same error message.
I opened the file from the archive and it's correct there. I didn't open the file until after the game threw the error and I've replaced it several times. Yay..... :-\

Anyway, great work on the mod! :)

bshow122

Don't know if this was mentioned at all, but my colonists seem almost 100% insistent on eating processed meat over any other food. I have maybe 50-75 processed meat and 50+ simple meals and they will go for processed meats instead of meals. This would be fine if they didnt eat 100 pieces at a time before getting the same hunger value as other meals. Any idea why they want raw meat over cooked food? (my cooking isnt THAT bad!)

DarkSlayerEX

I had a thought about making the unpacking of crates autonomous... If you could find a way to make the packer and unpackers use "plates" as fuel, and have it only drain "fuel" as you craft the crates, you could then make the unpacking output only give the contents of the crate, and use assembly to increase the "fuel" in the machine accordingly. This should allow you to hopefully designate "do until you have x" for unpacking.

l2evy

Quote from: DarkSlayerEX on September 16, 2016, 09:46:41 AM
I had a thought about making the unpacking of crates autonomous... If you could find a way to make the packer and unpackers use "plates" as fuel, and have it only drain "fuel" as you craft the crates, you could then make the unpacking output only give the contents of the crate, and use assembly to increase the "fuel" in the machine accordingly. This should allow you to hopefully designate "do until you have x" for unpacking.
I will have to check into this sounds interesting.

Quote from: bshow122 on September 14, 2016, 11:31:50 PM
Don't know if this was mentioned at all, but my colonists seem almost 100% insistent on eating processed meat over any other food. I have maybe 50-75 processed meat and 50+ simple meals and they will go for processed meats instead of meals. This would be fine if they didnt eat 100 pieces at a time before getting the same hunger value as other meals. Any idea why they want raw meat over cooked food? (my cooking isnt THAT bad!)

Hey nice catch! I tested and it seemed to be the same way for me. I hotfixed it and tossed in some value changes I already had edited. Somehow RawBad prefer setting makes the food better than a meal? Either way Thanks for the report!

9/16/16 1.15.3 > 1.15.3a
-Fixed Processed Meat being consumed before cooked Meals (evidently RawBad prefer is better than Meal??)
-Adjusted the remaining crate values to include the Steel Crate Plates (+60 Value)
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

l2evy

After some feedback of trade not working on the steam mod comments section I got around to testing the trade of crates. Seems it was not working at all. I thought about what I could do and decided instead of editing the default traders to support crates I made entire new trade options in the form of Orbital Freighters.  The following freighters are added:

Bulk Goods Supply Freighter
Bulk Goods Freighter
Textile Supply Freighter
Textile Freighter
Combat Supply Freighter
Exotic Goods Freighter
Pirate Merchant Freighter

They will likely need more balance tweaking. Right now they are setup on a supply and demand, where as supply freighters have bulk goods and cheaper prices, while the regular versions are the demand. In other words the regular has Expensive prices set (which means slightly higher sell price), Supply Freighters have Cheap prices set (lower sell price). The exception to these is the Combat/Exotic/Pirate traders. Those only have 1 type of freighter but their inventory some things are cheap and others are expensive based on what you would expect them to buy at a good price and what you expect them to sell cheap. For Example The combat supply freighter sells cheap guns/armor but they buy food/drugs at a higher price cause they need food.
Right now the volume is quite low on the supply freighters and I may increase it in time based on feedback.

As per request the packing/unpacking benches are now uninstall/install'able. No need to break down to move them anymore!

Somehow I missed the benches having damage data so I added that in.

I also was doing a little rearrange of the top left resource menu when someone mentioned trade was not working. It is sort of incomplete and subject to change but it is much more neat and tidy now. 

Bugo joined the project on GitHub and will be playing around with Russian language support. I believe for the most part 90-95% is translated at the moment and is in this release right now (v1.15.4). In the coming days I will make a separate dll for RU as the switching to packing/unpacking mode can't be altered by the language settings. Big thanks to Bugo for helping out ze Russians! ^_^
I am working on a default English translation file of all the text to make it easier for anyone who wishes to translate into other languages. I have a native french friend who might be able to help me with french support as well.

Any issues post here but I did a few play sessions and all seemed ok.

Also I am going to start staggering the steam release behind the forum release by 24-48h as to avoid potentially breaking peoples games since when I push the update there it goes out directly no choice to the user. I will go ahead and post this update over since I tested it myself on and off for 2 days.

9/20/16 1.15.3a> 1.15.4
-Added various types of Freighters (Regular and Supply) for selling/buying crates (may need/get more balance)
-Added temporary icons for the resource menu in the top left
-Changed crate groups and parrent groups for better organized top left resource menu
-Added visual damage to the packing benches
-Changed packing benches to be moveable/uninstall/install so you can move them around
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

bewbaliciousrex

EldVarg

Didn't look like the new traders worked well with my other mods (could only sell half of the things), so I had to disable this mod.

l2evy

Quote from: bewbaliciousrex on September 21, 2016, 01:57:16 PM
Quick question, is this compatible with Alpha 15b?
Due to the hash issues with modding and 15b, no. Only 15c and forward.

Quote from: EldVarg on September 21, 2016, 07:33:55 PM
Didn't look like the new traders worked well with my other mods (could only sell half of the things), so I had to disable this mod.

The freighters are specific traders to this mod for crates. There is no way to have them support other mods items as well without having it required as a dependency if they do not use tags or categories. If they add their mod items to the standard categories it should work as these freighters all support what the normal ones do. For example Bulk Goods Freighter sells and supports the same items as the Bulk Goods Trader with the added crates. This is why I went this route as adding 7 more orbital traders you may or may not see the original traders as much as you did before. So they support what the normal ones do for that reason

Since I would like the mod available to be used with just vanilla I can't add in stuff to the mod directly. I can with enough popularity start adding in patches for the freighters to support other mods. This sounds nice in theory but a nightmare cause depending on what mods people use you would have any number of different patches needed. If one person did not want to use say one of 3 mods added and only wanted to use 2 it would require an entirely different patch. There is no way far as I am aware to add support for all mods with 1 file and only enable what mods people load, you would have to use all 3 or none at all. Imagine with just 10 mods how many different variations could be needed. The core game needs better support for altering trader inventories so mods can add to them without editing the core traders which will conflict with any other mod that edits core traders too. That is why I added entirely new freighters. Until we get that better mod support for traders this is the best solution for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience to the traders not supporting other mod items.

However, If i start adding in mod support patches instead for crates which can be activated independently, the crates of items from the mods would then be sell'able on the freighter(s) cause they are designed with crates in mind. I will check on this when I get to other mod support patches.
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

l2evy

It has been awhile. Busy with life stuff then a major wildfire in the South East United States had me in a dire state for a time. Sorry for the delay.

Some balance changes. Please provide feedback on if this works alright with existing saves. It should work just fine but I did not want to break anyone's existing saves on steam so I will be holding the steam workshop push until I get a few people confirm this does not break any existing saves.

For now the return on melting steel crate plates is 100%. In the future this might change.

Also, if you was quick enough to get the typo version before I changed it in 3 mins, you will notice breakdown steel crate plates recipe only takes 5 plates instead of 6. You need to re-download to get the right version.

11/27/2016 1.15.4 > 1.15.4a
-More ongoing updates to RU language support (thanks so much to Bugo, all their work 100%)
-Fixed market value typo ( from , to . and thanks to Vincent on steam comments for the find)
-Adjusted Freighter cargo values from Expensive to Normal to balance prices a little more
(Few reports came in that prices was too high, too easy to make tons of money, thanks for the feedback!)
-Added Steel Crate Plate breakdown recipe @ 0% loss for now
-Rename Packing/Unpacking Benches for better clarification (Names subject to further change)
Basic Packing Bench > Packing Bench
Basic Unpacking bench > Unpacking Bench
Basic Food Packing Bench > Consumables Packing Bench
Basic Food Unpacking Bench > Consumables Unpacking Bench
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

Kapun

Nice mod! ;D
Please replace "*Поддержка RU язык в работах удивительным Bugo!" with "*Русская локализация сделана Bugo!" so my eyes won't bleed anymore. :D

Canute

What do you think about an auto. packing/press mashine ?
You feed that mashine with resources like the assembler/replicator from Misc./ MAI. and after a while it put out a complete crate.

The process should be slower then when you would craft it with a pawn, but you could use these industrial roller to deliver the resources.

Thundercraft

I'm not sure how much impact this has on functionality or if this is trivial, but I'm getting a red error:

Hash collision between DV_BlackCloth and  MeatCrate: both have short hash 44154

I know that "DV_BlackCloth" belongs to the Dye Vat mod. (See "Items_Resource_DyeVat_Stuff.xml") And I know that "MeatCrate" belongs to the Storage Crates mod.

Here's my complete output_log.txt in a zip : http://dropcanvas.com/cy17e

Edit:

Ah, I see another hash collision with a different mod:

Hash collision between PlantStrawberry_Seed and  ElephantLeatherCrate: both have short hash 19516

I know that "ElephantLeatherCrate" is defined in the files of the Storage Crates mod. But I am unsure whether "PlantStrawberry_Seed" relates to vanilla files or the Vegetable Garden mod. (There is a "PlantStrawberry" defined in VG's Cultivated_Plants.xml.)

l2evy

Woo Alpha 16 time! Time to caravan all the things!

12/22/2016 1.15.4a> 1.16.0
-Updated for Alpha 16
-Added weight values to Crates and the Steel Crate Plates (total weight of all 75 items + steel crate plates used in production)
-Added Mortar Shell Crate (only 25 per crate cause they are heavy!)
-Adjusted prices for drug crates to match the Alpha 16 drug price changes
-Renamed Megatherium Leather Crate to Megasloth Leather Crate
***-I would like to thank the following people for helping me update compatibility for Alpha 16
mrofa
NotFood
Fluffy
erdelf
Dingo
Zhentar
***-I would also like to thank the rimworld modding scene and modding discord in general!

Quote from: Kapun on November 27, 2016, 10:52:54 AM
Nice mod! ;D
Please replace "*Поддержка RU язык в работах удивительным Bugo!" with "*Русская локализация сделана Bugo!" so my eyes won't bleed anymore. :D
Yea RIP google translate, Will do shortly comrade! Thanks for the help ;)

Quote from: Canute on November 27, 2016, 12:40:31 PM
What do you think about an auto. packing/press mashine ?
You feed that mashine with resources like the assembler/replicator from Misc./ MAI. and after a while it put out a complete crate.

The process should be slower then when you would craft it with a pawn, but you could use these industrial roller to deliver the resources.

I think that is interesting! Not had much time to play or look at other mods but I might check into that it sounds interesting! Thanks for the feedback! <3

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 04, 2016, 01:03:27 PM
I'm not sure how much impact this has on functionality or if this is trivial, but I'm getting a red error:

Hash collision between DV_BlackCloth and  MeatCrate: both have short hash 44154

I know that "DV_BlackCloth" belongs to the Dye Vat mod. (See "Items_Resource_DyeVat_Stuff.xml") And I know that "MeatCrate" belongs to the Storage Crates mod.

Here's my complete output_log.txt in a zip : http://dropcanvas.com/cy17e

Edit:

Ah, I see another hash collision with a different mod:

Hash collision between PlantStrawberry_Seed and  ElephantLeatherCrate: both have short hash 19516

I know that "ElephantLeatherCrate" is defined in the files of the Storage Crates mod. But I am unsure whether "PlantStrawberry_Seed" relates to vanilla files or the Vegetable Garden mod. (There is a "PlantStrawberry" defined in VG's Cultivated_Plants.xml.)

I have discussed this with other modders. This is a core issue that was supposed to be fixed in A16 but still is around and will persist until A17 seems like (could be wrong and we get a hotfix). In the coming days I will be looking at community solutions to implement for this issue though to get us through til A17 if that be the case. Fingers Crossed! Bug report here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28414.0

If you get any hash collisions please report the message here (or to the other mod developer in the collision) so I (or they) can fix. If you contact the other mod developer please tell them to rename the conflicting <defName> or change the punctuation of the 1 or some of the letters to generate a new hash for the item. This should solve the issue for now until A17 or a hotfix.
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

buder5

jmababa

Quote from: buder5 on January 02, 2017, 01:00:57 PM
if you unpack do you get back the steelplate?

No and thats why I wont use this again its better to use rimfridge even without electricity attached to it