[B18] Storage Crates v1.18.2 (3/23/2018) [Chemfuel Barrels! (now fixed)]

Started by l2evy, April 10, 2016, 03:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l2evy

l2evy Current Status 3/23/18: Planning more features/content (currently redoing graphics and cardboard boxes "for the future", really slow.. but progress), looking for C# buddy and others for feature help to join on github.

*RU language support is in the works by the awesome Bugo!
*Русская локализация сделана Bugo!

Description:

Storage Crates is a mod focused on compact and neat stockpiling of bulk resources.
    The basic structure of the mod is you build some plates, then assemble the plates plus your stack of 75
    of any resource and produce the crate.

You then can stack the crates in a stockpile like any other item and they stack to 75.
    For a total of 5625 of a non-currency resource on a single tile.

You can Unpack crates by clicking on the basic packing/basic food packing workbench and in the bottom left menu clicking on
    the switch to make the bench transform into unpacking mode.
    After a little time the bench will change and power will be reapplied, ready to unpack!
    Just repeat the process to switch back into packing mode, or have 2 separate workbenches for packing/unpacking.

You can also pack meat/veggies into a canned meal that does not spoil.
    You can then even pack the meat/veggie cans into a crate for storage too.

Crates Process:
    Raw Resources + Machining Table = Steel Plates, Steel Plates + Full single stack of resources + Packing Bench = 1 single crate of that resource.

Food Can Process:
    Raw Resources + Machining Table = Steel Plates, Steel Plates + Machining Table = Can, Can + Butcher Table + 5 meat or veggies = Meal Can

Known Issues:
    1: Sometimes crafting will happen without 100% of all the materials (such as taking 64 items instead of the full 75).
    This is a known core bug something I cannot fix, has to be fixed in the core game. Already lots of bug reports on this and
    many variations of it. It will get fixed by Tynan and his crew in time.

2: Currently hash collisions core bug, if you encounter a hash collision please reply and let me know the error please so I can attempt to fix! Thanks!

Screenshots:

Download Latest Version:

Previous Versions Dropbox Archive Folder:

Changelog:

3/23/2018 1.18.1 > 1.18.2
-Fixed Chemfuel Barrels to explode as they should (Thanks White Wizard from Steam comments for the report!)
-Pushed Russian Translation Update (Thanks to the awesome Bugo from github!)
-found and fixed gold crate changes and typo not sync'd to github (for some reason it did not push on those select changes to github)

2/11/2018 1.18.0 > 1.18.1
-Added Chemfuel Barrels (make sure to be careful with these)
-Adjusted Gold Crate to new ratios, now packs 250 instead of 500

12/12/2017 1.17.0 > 1.18.0
-Updated for Beta 18

8/30/2017 1.16.0 > 1.17.0
-Updated for Alpha 17
-Adjusted drug crate weight to reflect the new drug weights

12/22/2016 1.15.4a> 1.16.0
-Updated for Alpha 16
-Added weight values to Crates and the Steel Crate Plates (total weight of all 75 items + steel crate plates used in production)
-Added Mortar Shell Crate (only 25 per crate cause they are heavy!)
-Adjusted prices for drug crates to match the Alpha 16 drug price changes
-Renamed Megatherium Leather Crate to Megasloth Leather Crate
***-I would like to thank the following people for helping me update compatibility for Alpha 16
mrofa
NotFood
Fluffy
erdelf
Dingo
Zhentar
***-I would also like to thank the rimworld modding scene and modding discord in general!

11/27/2016 1.15.4 > 1.15.4a
-More ongoing updates to RU language support (thanks so much to Bugo, all their work 100%)
-Fixed market value typo ( from , to . and thanks to Vincent on steam comments for the find)
-Adjusted Freighter cargo values from Expensive to Normal to balance prices a little more
(Few reports came in that prices was too high, too easy to make tons of money, thanks for the feedback!)
-Added Steel Crate Plate breakdown recipe @ 0% loss for now
-Rename Packing/Unpacking Benches for better clarification (Names subject to further change)
Basic Packing Bench > Packing Bench
Basic Unpacking bench > Unpacking Bench
Basic Food Packing Bench > Consumables Packing Bench
Basic Food Unpacking Bench > Consumables Unpacking Bench

9/20/16 1.15.3a> 1.15.4
-Added various types of Freighters (Regular and Supply) for selling/buying crates (may need/get more balance)
-Added temporary icons for the resource menu in the top left
-Changed crate groups and parrent groups for better organized top left resource menu
-Added visual damage to the packing benches
-Changed packing benches to be moveable/uninstall/install so you can move them around

9/16/16 1.15.3 > 1.15.3a
-Fixed Processed Meat being consumed before cooked Meals (evidently RawBad prefer is better than Meal??)
-Adjusted the remaining crate values to include the Steel Crate Plates (+60 Value)

9/11/16 1.15.2 > 1.15.3
-Removed Unpacking of Specific Meat Crates to finish migration to new meat packing method.
-Changed name Steel Plates > Steel Crate Plates (may change the name in future)
-Fixed Meat Cans being improperly allowed for Vegetarian consumption.
-Added Vegetable Meat Stew cooking recipe using meat/veg cans, two versions cook 1 or cook 5 (5 is more work efficient)
-Added leather crates for the following:
Deer,Pig,Cow,Turkey,Alpaca,Elk,Elephant,Megatherium,Timberwolf,ArticWolf,FennecFox,RedFox,ArticFox
-Added temporary placeholder texture for leather crates.
-Disabled Force Unpack for the time being.
-Removed Redundant unused graphics

9/4/16 1.15.1a> 1.15.2
-Added recipe to butcher table to make Processed Meat (25 of Any Raw Meat > 25 Processed Meat)
-Added additional crates: Processed Meat
-Disable specific meat packing.
*NOTICE: The current plan is to remove specific meat type crates.
         Please prepair any savegames by unpacking any specific meat crates
         and merge to the new system by making and crateing the Processed Meat.
         Any feedback on this change please post on the forum. Thanks

9/1/16 1.15.1 > 1.15.1a
-Hotfix for Force-Unpack graphic not being loaded correctly
-Fixed a typo with a backend crate name
-Added in a Preview.png file for the mod selection window.
-Changed the rest of the references to Ryoichi > l2evy

8/31/16 1.15.0 > 1.15.1
-WARNING: This release will work ONLY for Alpha 15C and Forward! It will not work with Alpha 15 or 15b.
-Fixed issue in the DLL which caused textures to bug when reloading from a save (BIG THANKS to mrofa and others on the mod help topic)
-Added Support for Drugs

8/29/16 1.14.0 > 1.15.0
-Updated Mod for Alpha 15
-NOTE: This version is now depreciated and no longer useable due to bug in main Alpha that needs 15C and forward to function

8/29/16 1.03 > 1.14.0
-Updated Mod for Alpha 14
-Version number change, 1.XX.Y, XX= Game Version, Y=Mod Version Number
-Removed option to pack/unpack mega scarab meat due to Alpha 14 meat system slight change, may be fixed in later update

4/24/16 1.02a > 1.03
-Fixed crazy hording colonist bug with the food cans....for good this time..hopefully
-Fixed canning food to use 2 cans and give 2 cans instead of taking 1 can and magically making 2
-Changed Steel requirements for making Steel Plates, Now uses 4 steel and makes 5 plates
-Changed Steel Plate requirements for making Empty Cans, Now uses 1 plate and makes 25 empty cans
-Changed Basic/Food Packing benches to benefit from Tool cabinet's and also enabled breakdowns (Will balance work time soon).
-Added changelog.txt to mod folder for anyone who wishes to just download and read a txt file after.

*~Next Update 1.04 Plans: This was a sooner update than planned due to some bugs needing fixed. Next update is unknown
at this point but maybe more balance changes. Will go back to brainstorming about graphics changes, wooden crates, and
other things. Will try and do a bigger update provided no bugs, and maybe release everything all at once.

4/23/16: 1.01 > 1.02
-Fixed the facepalm xml version edit...*facepalm again*
-Fixed a crate packing error with veg/meat cans (wrong packing number).
-Fixed meat/veg food can nutrition values, value was incorrectly set above the limit which made it 0. (May need balanced)
-Fixed error with meat/veg food can crates. After crafting got stuck in a loop of not able to place anywhere.
-The workbenches are now flickable.
4/23/16: 1.02>1.02a Hotfix
-Fixed bug with colonist picking up hundreds of canned food into their inventory.

*~Next Update 1.03 Plans: Still unknown status on the sub menu ability for workbenches. I will post in the mod
help section sometime to clarify but I think it may not be possible. More graphics and maybe support for a few
things from the new updates 12 and 13, meat and materials from the animals. Might go over a few balance changes
like the steel crates getting added to the value of the crates of goods.

4/15/16: 1.0 > 1.01
-Crates now give back 100% of the Steel Plates when unpacking.
-Mod name changed from Resource Kompression to Storage Crates for better clarity.
-Added Google Drive and Dropbox file links, eventually will add Nexus to the list.
-Edited Description to be more helpful and informative.
-Starting to redo and organize mod thread to be cleaner and eventually will have tons of images and look fancy, in time.

*~Next Update v1.02 Plans: Figure out possibility of adding sub menu's to packing/unpacking cause it will go
off the screen when I finish adding in support for Alpha 12 and 13's items.

4/10/16: Updated mod from 11b > 13

Want to help contribute or add features? The mod is now on GitHub!

1.0 Authors:
mrofa
Nasikabatrachus
Nirahiel
Abrexus

1.0+ Author(s):
l2evy - Maintain the Code, Code new things, Graphics, a few ideas, code monkey like Fritos
Bugo - Ze Russian Translator on Github

Also special thanks to the community with bug feedback and ideas moving forward.
And to mrofa (code sensei), and other friends from the modslack

NOTE: I do not take full credit for this awesome mod. Everything up to 1.0 was done by the original authors listed above.

I have received permission from mrofa to continue the mod 1.0+.

Tips/Ideas/Comments for the future appreciated and welcome! Constructive crits all that stuff. All releases are tested with devmode only initially. Actual playtesting will be done by me at a later date and the community who then provide feedback in this thread.

I play with code for free as one of my many hobbies, but if you wanna buy me a slice of pizza or something here is my Patreon.

License Info:
Want to add this to your modpack? I am completely OK with it, just add a link to this forum post, and
put the version date & version number (1.xx.xx) on it. So people do not get confused on which
version it is and if things are missing and such.

Want to edit or add/make a patch for support to your mod for crates? Sure no problem just poke me
with a message to let me know so I can check it out and put a link to it here.

Anything else contact me via PM here or on the modding slack/discord ( l2evy ). 
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

DestroyX

hey there^^ while i really like the idea of your mod in general, i kinda dislike the fact that the balance is kinda off. i mean you basically spend 36 steel to pack away 75 of any resource. and when you unpack, whoos, your steel is gone.
can you make it so you get to keep the steel plates, or at least the raw 36 steel in the end?
in this way it would be at least usable... but right now its sadly a waste :/

edit, while looking through the files i realised you get 3 plates from 6 steel and not one, which is at least not THAT bad :D
but the point still stands, there is no reason to throw away perfectly good boxes :P

duduluu

UnpackingBench isn't in the Production menu? i can't unpack  multi crates, because 75 crates put out only 75 unit resource when i force unpack , NOT 5625 unit...
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Truthowl

Mega doesn't work for me as a download source. The idea of your mod sounds nice. Sorry I wont be able to try it out.

Edit:
Never mind Mate. It took about 2-3 minutes before it finally sent my browser the code to download. But it did send it. So I'll be able to try this out after all.
--
Truthowl
--
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 45nm Technology
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

l2evy

Quote from: DestroyX on April 12, 2016, 05:44:34 PM
hey there^^ while i really like the idea of your mod in general, i kinda dislike the fact that the balance is kinda off. i mean you basically spend 36 steel to pack away 75 of any resource. and when you unpack, whoos, your steel is gone.
can you make it so you get to keep the steel plates, or at least the raw 36 steel in the end?
in this way it would be at least usable... but right now its sadly a waste :/

edit, while looking through the files i realised you get 3 plates from 6 steel and not one, which is at least not THAT bad :D
but the point still stands, there is no reason to throw away perfectly good boxes :P

I completely agree! If you are using a bench with tools, and labor to unpack the crate, it should not waste anything. Next version will have 100% return on the plates. That way you can have a revolving number and only make as many plates as you need for packing/unpacking. This also gives me an idea to make actual wooden crates that take damage if they are not placed inside similar to how wood does. Then you can have a renewable resource for making crates, and unpacking will give back maybe 50% of the wood panels or something and bump up steel cost on plates a little for the 100% option. Wood may only be for non-food products not sure will have to test and get feedback. Thanks for the input!

Quote from: duduluu on April 14, 2016, 03:21:42 PM
UnpackingBench isn't in the Production menu? i can't unpack  multi crates, because 75 crates put out only 75 unit resource when i force unpack , NOT 5625 unit...

You need to build either a basic packing bench or basic food packing bench. There is a toggle button on the menu when you click either bench to switch the bench into unpacking mode. Force Unpack is a feature I am unsure of, I just did a test with 27 crates in a stack, force unpack only threw out 75. I will disable this feature for now in the next update until I can refine it later perhaps. Reason is you cant put more than 75 items on a tile unless its coded into the game to do so (as far as I understand it). Silver and Gold stack higher (500) cause the game is coded for that, anymore than 75 on everything else they are lost. Thanks for the feedback and hope that helps you. I will write up a better description sometime soon to better instruct on how to use the mod.

Quote from: Truthowl on April 15, 2016, 01:22:25 AM
Mega doesn't work for me as a download source. The idea of your mod sounds nice. Sorry I wont be able to try it out.

Edit:
Never mind Mate. It took about 2-3 minutes before it finally sent my browser the code to download. But it did send it. So I'll be able to try this out after all.

Yeah I do plan on adding more links as I do not agree on pushing one service only (was sortof rushed that day). I plan to start adding google drive and dropbox links too in the next update. If you have any recommendations for a decent un-metered file hosting service just post back here and I will add it in.
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

Truthowl

Thanks for the reply. Dropbox and GDrive are both great.

I like the new name a LOT better than the previous name.
--
Truthowl
--
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Astasia

The "version" number at the top of the about.xml (and all other xml files) is for xml version, not mod version. Leave it at 1.0 or you'll get errors.

The mod itself is an interesting take on storage, I haven't played with it enough to have much more of an opinion yet. It seems at first glance to be a bit expensive, I started to pack some of my excess sandstone away last game and stopped pretty quickly as it was eating all my steel. I didn't have much at the time, but when you are packing 10k or more items away, that steel cost can add up.

Truthowl

Could you add a power switch to the basic packers? Not sure if it's still drawing power when it's not in use but a switch built in would remove my worries.
--
Truthowl
--
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Korn.Mil

Astasia

That's the error I was talking about in my post. You can just go into the "about.xml" file it's pointing to and change the <?xml version="1.01" back to <?xml version="1.0" and the error will go away.

Korn.Mil

Quote from: Astasia on April 17, 2016, 07:06:09 AM
That's the error I was talking about in my post. You can just go into the "about.xml" file it's pointing to and change the <?xml version="1.01" back to <?xml version="1.0" and the error will go away.
Thank you, i just didn't read all posts. There are no errors now. By the way its ok if i changed it using notepad? :D i just dont understand stuff like that

Profugo Barbatus

Just FYI, the recipes for packing canned foods are incorrect. Making a crate of veggie or meat cans takes 375 of the appropriate can, and unpacking the resulting crate will only produce 75 cans, according to the recipies.

Super quick fix on my end, but thought I'd mention it for the next update.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!