[B18] Storage Crates v1.18.2 (3/23/2018) [Chemfuel Barrels! (now fixed)]

Started by l2evy, April 10, 2016, 03:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l2evy

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 31, 2016, 09:11:23 PM
steam bro here; will test with unstable branch. I'm looking for "textures that bug on reloading a save" ?

EDIT:
Tested it with the Unstable branch on Steam, and I have bad news: I don't think it worked.
- Loading with just this mod active and Core (in dev mode) gives a long list of errors: "AgaveCrate already has short hash" for what seems every crate (see first two screenshots).
- BeaverMeatCrate is spelled BeverMeatCrate.
- Things seem to work fine in game. However, on reloading a save, the icon for "Force Unpack" becomes the "RedX" until you spawn a new crate in, at which point it updates and correctly displays the proper icon. (see last screenshot)

This is with the latest version, from the changelog: 1.15.1.

http://imgur.com/LcKo9ZZ
http://imgur.com/nWseg8u
http://imgur.com/TZZRdRJ

Awesome! I will get to work on fixing it again then. Thanks abunch for the nice report!

*Edit* If you are still available, could you try replacing the dll with this new version I am attaching and see if the red box goes away? The hash issue may or may not fix as that is a in dev fix currently Tynan is working on with the unstable build. This has a fix for the red box you linked in screenshot 3 and also a test for fixing the force unpack option (longstanding bug if you unpack 2 or more crates at the same time you only get 75 back). The crate typo will be fixed in the final 1.15.1a hotfix release.

Edit: Removed attachment: Redundant
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

dismar

I have an non-dll version of this that for my Veggies only. lol think about all the copy pasting and xml coding i did to make it work! :)

deliveryservice

Bug report 1/9/16
- It seems messing up the cost of all craft-able structures in-game,
- When I deconstruct a steel wall it yields wood. it seems all things yields wood instead their actual vanilla composition, which by the way also wood by now. good side is that I could produce all the turrets with 25 woods alone.
- And for exactly similar quantity to make for any craft-able structures (benches are building itc.)

Um well after endgame tier reached it seems my deep drillers dig up "beers" as resource.

deliveryservice

Quote from: dismar on August 31, 2016, 11:26:04 PM
I have an non-dll version of this that for my Veggies only. lol think about all the copy pasting and xml coding i did to make it work! :)

It would make me happier. Can I download it?

l2evy

Quote from: deliveryservice on September 01, 2016, 06:18:52 AM
Bug report 1/9/16
- It seems messing up the cost of all craft-able structures in-game,
- When I deconstruct a steel wall it yields wood. it seems all things yields wood instead their actual vanilla composition, which by the way also wood by now. good side is that I could produce all the turrets with 25 woods alone.
- And for exactly similar quantity to make for any craft-able structures (benches are building itc.)

Um well after endgame tier reached it seems my deep drillers dig up "beers" as resource.

Interesting...I think maybe it was the the attempted fix to Force Unpack that cause it. I am doing some testing and see if I can find out what is up.

Quote from: dismar on August 31, 2016, 11:26:04 PM

So you tore down the whole DLL from this mod? I have considered doing that before. If it functions the same with not much extra work with changing things I might wanna take a look at it if that's cool.

*Edit* Here is the the fix for the dismantle strangeness, it was infact the slight change to force unpack that caused it.

*Edit: Removed Attachment - Redundant
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

Deimos Rast

wait...drills digging up beer, how is that a bad thing?!
All my testing, and you patch the wrong bug ;D
We want free beer!
#StopPluginAbuse

l2evy

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 01, 2016, 01:34:49 PM
wait...drills digging up beer, how is that a bad thing?!
All my testing, and you patch the wrong bug ;D
We want free beer!

LOL That is exactly what I was thinking *Shoves original DLL in a secret folder for later use*

I just bought the game on Steam though. DRM Free is cool and all but I decided to get the Steam version as well so I can just keep up with the mod on the workshop with the added benefit of everyone elses mods i play with auto updating.

Setting everything up now ^_^
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

Deimos Rast

one of us, one of us!
I have to give you credit, you're incredibly dedicated to fixing this.
That's the main reason I went out of my way to help, even though I have yet to use the mod (it's on The List though!).
I have to say, they need an "Enable all mods" feature, as clicking check marks 100+ times gets old fast. Or an enable "preset modlist."
;D
#StopPluginAbuse

l2evy

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 01, 2016, 04:19:38 PM
one of us, one of us!
I have to give you credit, you're incredibly dedicated to fixing this.
That's the main reason I went out of my way to help, even though I have yet to use the mod (it's on The List though!).
I have to say, they need an "Enable all mods" feature, as clicking check marks 100+ times gets old fast. Or an enable "preset modlist."
;D

Why thank you Deimos ^_^. It is one of my main mods I feel lost without it so it is a real high priority and influences development. I can say now though that this version SHOULD be back to normal for awhile and I can work on more item support. Past few days though have been rough...I got back in touch with mrofa sensei though and he has helped me quite a lot where I got stuck.

New Hotfix for Alpha 15c (0.15.1283) Released!
Download Links Updated.

9/1/16 1.15.1 > 1.15.1a
-Hotfix for Force-Unpack graphic not being loaded correctly
-Fixed a typo with a backend crate name
-Added in a Preview.png file for the mod selection window.
-Changed the rest of the references to Ryoichi > l2evy
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

l2evy

With the growing number of meat labels and all meat essentially so far being worth the same value ($2.70). I have made a change to the code to take all meat and render into Processed Meat at a butcher table (has all the same values as all raw meat does currently).

You can then take the Processed Meat in a stack of 75 and place into a crate as you would any other meat until this point.

Should any change to meat values occur or special meat properties that play into meals, I shall make those separate again.

Shortly I will push an update to this mod to add in the Processed Meat and Processed Meat Crate. Currently I plan to remove specific meat crate types in a few days. Removing them would make for a much smaller menu. This change will also ensure future meat compatibility where anything defined as raw meat will turn into prepared meat to then be placed inside a crate.

Any objections to this feature please reply and voice your thoughts on the matter.
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

l2evy

Pushed out 1.15.2 to Steam Workshop and here.
I am not using Mega/Drive options for the time being as link tracking data shows 90%+ used Dropbox
I did add a direct download option for people who wanna get it now and prefer not to go through 2 links.

Gimme feedback on the meat merge if it is good or horrible choice.
Again I decided to do it so it would be more compatible with other mods with raw meat and any future creatures. It also makes the menu cleaner and less cluttered. Also the meat really is the same for everything aside from a title (value, properties, ect). From a code standpoint it is easier too as meat is a generated item not a static item, which makes tracking down the def name a pain.

Unpacking is still working so people can unpack their crates to merge to the new system to not screw up their saves.
I will give it a few days until I remove those options as well.
Quote from: Ipushnoobs on May 19, 2016, 07:53:25 AM
great mod thanks for it but I seem to notice that when a colonist can't carry 75 items or more at once then they only use use their max carry limit when crating the items and when its opened you get 75. In my case I was getting an extra 10 every time it happened
Following up on this issue. I have looked into it and this is a known core bug in the way you described and also other variations (already has the bug reports). Tynan and crew will get it fixed in time.

9/4/16 1.15.1a> 1.15.2
-Added recipe to butcher table to make Processed Meat (25 of Any Raw Meat > 25 Processed Meat)
-Added additional crates: Processed Meat
-Disable specific meat packing.
*NOTICE: The current plan is to remove specific meat type crates.
         Please prepair any savegames by unpacking any specific meat crates
         and merge to the new system by making and crateing the Processed Meat.
         Any feedback on this change please post on the forum. Thanks
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

Raccoon

I did not test it out yet, but there are Traders who sells / buys crates of stuff? (Maybe Stone/Wood) want to make a Factory. :>

mrsebseb

So, when I load the game I get an error with this mod I get this error:
*Snip*
Nevermind, I'm a moron, don't know how I missed the problem. I blame lack of sleep...

First line of Packing_Recipes.xml was
Quotexml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
and not
Quote<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

l2evy

Quote from: Raccoon on September 06, 2016, 11:02:22 AM
I did not test it out yet, but there are Traders who sells / buys crates of stuff? (Maybe Stone/Wood) want to make a Factory. :>
Traders not looked into but I believe they should pick some up if they do Materials they should have them I think. I will need to check on the requirements for them to show up.

Quote from: mrsebseb on September 10, 2016, 05:39:36 PM
So, when I load the game I get an error with this mod I get this error:
*Snip*
Nevermind, I'm a moron, don't know how I missed the problem. I blame lack of sleep...

First line of Packing_Recipes.xml was
Quotexml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
and not
Quote<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

uh...I checked the github and I have not edited that line at all in that file so as far as I am aware it was not me. I do not assure it will work if you go editing things or download from modpacks that may/may not have edited the originals I release.
Mod Maintainer/Coder of:

l2evy

Released 1.15.3!
Specific meat crates are now fully removed. If you have previous saves with the specific meat crates please hold off on updating until you unpack them all. Don't potentially break your save!
Added in support for most of the bulk leather you will get and a recipe for those meat/veg cans so you can cook them into something you can eat. Cleaned up some of the unused graphics to tidy up.

I will be working more on graphics and maybe see if I can start releasing separate mods as patch ins for Storage Crates to support other mods such as Vegetable Garden now that everything is mostly stable.

9/11/16 1.15.2 > 1.15.3
-Removed Unpacking of Specific Meat Crates to finish migration to new meat packing method.
-Changed name Steel Plates > Steel Crate Plates (may change the name in future)
-Fixed Meat Cans being improperly allowed for Vegetarian consumption.
-Added Vegetable Meat Stew cooking recipe using meat/veg cans, two versions cook 1 or cook 5 (5 is more work efficient)
-Added leather crates for the following:
Deer,Pig,Cow,Turkey,Alpaca,Elk,Elephant,Megatherium,Timberwolf,ArticWolf,FennecFox,RedFox,ArticFox
-Added temporary placeholder texture for leather crates.
-Disabled Force Unpack for the time being.
-Removed Redundant unused graphics
Mod Maintainer/Coder of: