downloads between pc's

Started by Goldenglade, April 10, 2016, 10:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldenglade

So I just downloaded this on my Desktop because it's the one I use at home and enjoy playing this game a lot especially after this update ; however, I also downloaded it on my laptop because on occasion I have to travel for work and super don't want to stop playing :P (that and some places have no/really bad wifi)

I guess my question is because it's not stated in the EULA is: Can I transfer offline the download file between computers so I don't use all my download links with fixes and patches without consequences?

BlackSmokeDMax

The intent of the EULA seems to be: use the game on all your own personal computers, but do not share with any other person to use on theirs. I tend to think of it like steam, it should really only be actually running (not just installed) on one computer at any one time.

milon

You actually can install RimWorld on up to five devices according to the EULA: https://ludeon.com/rimworld/EULA.txt

Goldenglade, thanks for checking. My interpretation of the EULA is that it's okay to do that - it's for your own personal use, and you're within your five device limit, so I don't see anything that Ludeon would disagree with.

Goldenglade

I'm not sure how I missed that. Thank you ^^