Nerf gut worm and muscle parasites?

Started by SadisticNemesis, April 10, 2016, 11:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are they to much, should they be nerfed or are they fine?

They're  fine as is.
5 (22.7%)
They last too long.
9 (40.9%)
They happen too often.
5 (22.7%)
Maybe make it cure able with glitterworld meds
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: April 20, 2016, 11:16:18 AM

Ioann1742

Also it's very funny to see muscul parasites in my man without any native part. I've removed all with advanced cybernetic phrostetic and synthetic organs and hellelujah, those bastard cought some shit.

Of course, i understand, that it's question of compitability of mods, but still looks funny and awkward

Vaporisor

Quote from: Ioann1742 on May 16, 2016, 06:21:57 PM
Also it's very funny to see muscul parasites in my man without any native part. I've removed all with advanced cybernetic phrostetic and synthetic organs and hellelujah, those bastard cought some shit.

Of course, i understand, that it's question of compitability of mods, but still looks funny and awkward

"Only one person has ever fully integrated with the Hecaton Keres cybernetic body"

Heh heh.  Thing is, your guy probably still isnt 100% synthetic.  Some muscular interface or components for sure somewhere.  That would make it even worse, the parasites right in the cybernetic interfaces would itch like a damn!
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

SuperCaffeineDude

I think it'd be lovely to have some means of combating the very rng-heavy infliction of diseases.

My suggestions would be...

A- Research bench to create specific cures, or specific cures on market
B- "Flu-jabs" you can "augment" colonists with
C- Contagion becomes a more important factor, and rather than random colonist infliction, it is caused by mixing with the natives.
D- Simply make glitterworld meds a magic bullet

Volcanus

Quote from: Limdood on April 10, 2016, 11:46:26 AM
read about your jungle biome...thats also a big feature of the jungle.

its a HARD biome because while you get near unlimited food availability, an abundance of wood, and a minimum of power issues, the 2 real drawbacks are subtle, but pretty severe: LOTS of disease and difficult movement.

Lets not forget the crazy amounts of cougars. I can't tell you how many times my people get attacked by them while out and about, i have taken to the action of culling them from the map and just trying to make them extinct.

Admiral Obvious

I'm pretty sure quite a few types of medicines should, and would be able to remove parasites. They might take a while to work, and the dying parasite would probably go insane within the body before withering and dying, probably causing some type of damage if not passed "naturally".

I do know that it's very possible to remove most types of parasites with surgical procedures too, although sometimes complications happen. Gut worms can be pulled fairly easily. Muscle parasites, if they work in the way I believe they do, could probably be removed fairly easily, although there should and probably would be major scarring, depending on how "deep" they go. I'd imagine if the muscle parasites were in the "whole body" like the game says, the removal surgery would be pretty damn dangerous if they literally all are everywhere.

Jstank

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux