Eating without jaw / Turret force attack

Started by Sujus, April 10, 2016, 01:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sujus

One of my colonists hit a trap and somehow lost his jaw (must be very bad luck). Because of his missing jaw his eating value went to "none", with 0% efficiency. I thought without eating ability he will just starve to death and perhaps I panicked a bit... But he just went to the next meal and ate completely normal. I'm not quite sure if this is intended or a bug, but I thought it's worth being reported.

The second thing has something to do with improvised turrets. I'm sure before alpha 13 you could force a turret to attack something like an animal, even if it's not "manhunting". There was a button in every turret menu with shortcut "n". With alpha 13 it would be extremely usefull against incoming predators, but this button (and shortcut) is gone. Maybe it's intended because it would be a bit OP, but it could also be a bug, so I thought I'll just report it too :)

And I tried to search if anyone reported this before and found nothing, but if I just overlooked reports about the same topic, I'm sorry ^^"

Lys

The eating is known, but I think intentional. Same thing if a colonist loses their stomach, eating at 0% will just make eating very slow and not impossible.
The turret force option was removed intentionally.

Mihsan

Quote from: Sujus on April 10, 2016, 01:21:55 PM
One of my colonists hit a trap and somehow lost his jaw (must be very bad luck).
In this case you should make operation, which will give him denture. It will restore "eating" to 80%.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

ison

Working as intended.

Pawns with 0% eating can still eat, though very slow.

The option to choose a target for a turret was removed intentionally.

Thanks for the report anyway, locking.