Animals Resuce

Started by Mikhail Reign, April 10, 2016, 05:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Reign

Has anyone had an animal rescue someone for real? I've had it happen by testing it (tho a doctor normally gets to it first).

Since it works the same as hauling (chance to happen) it makes it a useless ability. Sure if I leave my colonist to bleed out on the front lawn they MIGHT eventually go get him, but realistically he would have been hauled in as soon a possible by a colonist.

Maybe add a button similar to Release, labeled Rescue which instantly send the animals to haul in a downed colonist. Or even just making it so an animal can be commanded to haul a colonist the same as normal pawns?

tl;dr Rescuing colonist with animals is very hit and miss. Should be able to instigate it instead of waiting for it to happen.

Shawnganz

Doesn't the animal only rescue its assigned master?

StrahlTiger

I've seen my husky rescue a downed colonist before, but it didn't happen until I un-recruited the husky's master. Even then, it's really hit or miss. The trained animals should really react to downed colonists like the colonists react to fires. Immediate and urgent response above everything else.

enterprise12

i agree. i have only seen them rescue its master, and even then its kinda rare.

Tynan, we definitly need a command to make them rescue colonists..as is animals are almost useless in my opinion, except for the alpacas and such that produce fur to sell.

with the debuffs animals/masters get for their "bonded" companion dying, its even more un-appealing to have animals as they die so easily and are a nuisance in fights.
if they could be used to rescue colonists in a fight it would be a lot more meaningful..i think animal armour or surgery is needed to, they lose limbs so easily, its not worth using them to fight for the great chance of debuff

Mikhail Reign

I think they can rescue any colonist - the only time I've had then rescue people in game is when I was playing around with getting people passout drunk. I, as a rule, give one colonist all the animals (a shitty person who cant fight so I never accidentally end up with animals in combat) and I would swear that it wasn't them who got hauled.

Also, side note - anyone noticed that when their master is drafted and send to a location, animals will walk to the that destination even if the master is sent somewhere else? IE: IF the Master is drafted and sent to position A and then immediately sent to position B long before getting to A, the animal will travel to position A before then going to position B.

This can cause some major headaches if like me you send people broadly in a direction before choosing the actual location

NephilimNexus

Rock5

I went to command a colonist to rescue someone but I got the message saying something like "Already being rescued by someone else". I thought "That's weird. It doesn't say who is rescuing him". So I let it go and sure enough my trusty dog Oz was rescuing him. I didn't take note if it was his owner or not.

BTW. Does anyone else find themselves saying out loud "Good dog." when ever you see your dog do some work?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Just now a female colonist went berserk and started laying into my dog Oz. I was having none of that. So I rushed over with a group of colonists to stop her but seeing how she was laying into him, I didn't think I would make it in time. After it was over I paused the game and selected a colonist to rescue the trouble maker but I was having trouble making it work. The colonists were tightly crowded around her so I moved them out of the way to get a better look. At first I couldn't see the body then I saw Oz gallantly carrying his attacker off to the infirmary with clearly visible wounds on his back. What a dog. :) BTW it's definitely not it's owner so pets can rescue any colonist.

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport