Never Underestimate the "Ancient Danger" Message

Started by highlander345, April 10, 2016, 06:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlander345

I saw the Ancient danger message pop up on this little shack half in a mountain and I thought, meh, probably a couple of megascarrabs or just an unfriendly cryo pod, I have never been so wrong.

highlander345

Haha, Well they won unfortunately, the Lance's killed Flint instantly with a headshot that destroyed the brain, the other two made it back to base but a few auto turrets weren't enough, my poor colony got slaughtered.

Ykara

Quote from: highlander345 on April 10, 2016, 07:15:18 PM
Haha, Well they won unfortunately, the Lance's killed Flint instantly with a headshot that destroyed the brain, the other two made it back to base but a few auto turrets weren't enough, my poor colony got slaughtered.
Sorry to hear that, at least Flint didn't have to suffer :P

nightblue

I tell my guyz to run for the hills every time I see that message.  No treasures in that rooms either from the looks of it... R.I.P.!
Don't mind me, just slacking off and having fun :)

ArtStation
DeviantArt

highlander345

Quote from: nightblue on April 10, 2016, 07:47:51 PM
I tell my guyz to run for the hills every time I see that message.  No treasures in that rooms either from the looks of it... R.I.P.!
Yeah, really shouldn't have opened it, and there is actually under all mechanoid, one psychic  insanity device and a cryo pod, the centipede is ontop of it in this picture, but yeah, I was not prepared when I opened it  :P

PotatoeTater

Your colony must have been pretty wealthy for the game to throw that against you lol.
Life is Strange

highlander345

Quote from: PotatoeTater on April 11, 2016, 01:38:00 PM
Your colony must have been pretty wealthy for the game to throw that against you lol.
Yeah it was, most colonists had some form of bionic and Flint is wearing Assault power armor from the Rimsenal mod, had a couple EPOE advanced bionics too.

Limdood

hah! i just love the "flee" icon on one colonist's head...certainly enhances the narrative :D

Mechanoid Hivemind

Imagine for a minute, that you the reader are those pawns. You break open the wall and see charge lances and whatever the centipede had, aimed down your throat. How do you feel right now?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

killer117

Probably not very much. In about point nothing of a second youd never feel anything again
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

milon

I actually had the opposite experience.  I was playing a new Randy Ice Sheet game, they just landed, and I was looking for shelter.  There was a building half sticking out of a mountain, so I told a colonist to deconstruct the wall.  I got the ancient danger warning and figured I'd risk it; at -30C with no parkas they weren't going to last long anyway.  Opened it up, and there were some psychic artifacts and 4 cryptosleep caskets, no mechs.  A couple days later I opened the caskets, and out popped 2 dead bodies and 2 incap'd naked guys, all of which became food for the starving colony.  :)

highlander345

Quote from: milon on April 14, 2016, 02:56:55 PM
I actually had the opposite experience.  I was playing a new Randy Ice Sheet game, they just landed, and I was looking for shelter.  There was a building half sticking out of a mountain, so I told a colonist to deconstruct the wall.  I got the ancient danger warning and figured I'd risk it; at -30C with no parkas they weren't going to last long anyway.  Opened it up, and there were some psychic artifacts and 4 cryptosleep caskets, no mechs.  A couple days later I opened the caskets, and out popped 2 dead bodies and 2 incap'd naked guys, all of which became food for the starving colony.  :)

Haha lucky you, that's randy for you, he gives as much good fortune as he takes, I was doing a classic game so it was proportional to the wealth of my colony approximately.