Saint's GFX

Started by Chicken Breast, April 10, 2016, 06:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicken Breast

If a mod sees this please delete this thread. Links to photos were deleted and I am not going through the trouble of uploading them elsewhere and relinking everything again @.@

Sig by Me!

Shinzy

I'd love to see the originals just for comparison!

Coenmcj

I dunno why, but I'm getting a pre-zerg kerrigan vibe off the first one.
These are pretty cool dude.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Listen1

I really like this style of painting, by any chances, do you take requests? I'll not bother you over time, but I'd really like to suggest making something like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bWbO2HLkGpY/UZEZFInOL2I/AAAAAAAAUGU/xGOFUa2eJGk/s1600/caravelas-oleo-sobre-tela-52C11.jpg

But add the style of the other posted in here.

Chicken Breast

Quote from: Shinzy on April 11, 2016, 06:19:39 AM
I'd love to see the originals just for comparison!
Quote from: Flying Rockbass on April 12, 2016, 07:02:21 AM
I really like this style of painting, by any chances, do you take requests? I'll not bother you over time, but I'd really like to suggest making something like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bWbO2HLkGpY/UZEZFInOL2I/AAAAAAAAUGU/xGOFUa2eJGk/s1600/caravelas-oleo-sobre-tela-52C11.jpg

But add the style of the other posted in here.

So sorry, but there seems to be a misunderstanding about how these were made. Allow me to clear that up! I'll edit this in to my original post as well, haha. I didn't paint these. I wish I had, honestly, but no, I made these with skills i picked up from GFX forums. You see, the whole idea is that you take an image that you want to use as a focal point, often times a Rendered image (meaning that it is just a character or object with a transparent background) and modify it by adding filters, brushes, background colors and C4D's, etc.

This is just a collection of stuff I made using these techniques. There is no original that i used for reference, these are just modified images. More akin to photomanips than actual productions of my own imagination, though there are many techniques that provide a wide array of finished products.

Sig by Me!

Shinzy

That's what I meant by wanting to see the original image, the unmodified one
so I could compare them with the modified one

you know the before after images, seeing them side by side. I just find it fun to um analyze ;D

Listen1

Oh, i'm very sorry Saint. Didn't have the knowladge about that.

Thanks for the reply anyway  :)

Chicken Breast

Quote from: Shinzy on April 13, 2016, 05:30:49 AM
That's what I meant by wanting to see the original image, the unmodified one
so I could compare them with the modified one

you know the before after images, seeing them side by side. I just find it fun to um analyze ;D

Oh, well, I would love to, but I've actually just reformatted my computer and no longer have many of the originals. I can tell you that you can find most of the renders on a site called PlanetRenders, but I used some stock images and stuff as well. The From Dust one, for instance, was made from a wallpaper the game had released with it. The Tomb Raider one is a render, as is the Venom one. The galaxy one is from a stock photo from Nasa (public domain) I believe and the rest are things I would have a hard time finding again. Usually, the originals are just very plain, so all the color and stuff added around it is what I added. I'll try to make a fresh one soon when I redownload Photoshop and show you the process to some extent, if not at least a Before and After.

Sig by Me!