Boomrats

Started by PotatoeTater, April 10, 2016, 08:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PotatoeTater

You never really know fear until you get a massive manhunter pack of boomrats...

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Life is Strange

cpoug

Anyone else notice the boomrat hide is still red, despite the model being updated?

christhekiller

Actually Boomrat manhunter packs are among the easier of the manhunter packs. They practically all kill each other once the first one explodes. Whereas a herd of charging elephants can power through a hail of gunfire a herd of boomrats will be lucky to even touch a well organized defense

makapse

at least they are not boomalopes. The rats dont have that big a explosion. A good pistol wielder with hiding behind a door should be enough

Nasikabatrachus

boomalopes are actually fairly easy to deal with, since those huge explosions hit a solid fraction of their rabid packs. just worry about the fires.

A Friend

Squirrels are the deadliest animals of all.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Coenmcj

I'd have to say a throwup between Tortoises and Squirrels;
on one hand, Squirrels are ridiculously fast, and tend to bunch up, you'll be swarmed and slaughtered in seconds, like ground-piranhas
on the other, Tortoises are ridiculously slow, and you tend to forget about them until sometime in hte next season when they finally show up and you have a few dozen armoured, face-destroying monstrosities lumbering through your fields looking for easy prey..
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

AllenWL

is that what boomrats  look like now?
I... preferred the old look. I prefer the old look very much.

I personally love boomrat raids, because they look so epic during a rainy night. But I might not anymore because those new rats look weird.

PotatoeTater

I had a pack of 43 muffalo manhunters show up and decimate my 6 colonists. Rip 1st colony
Life is Strange

Pickleinthahouse

how i lost my best colony, sadly i wasn't stocked up on automatic weapons and they don't bunch together that much anymore, the turrets didn't help at all...33 boomrats...when they get in close it's basically over considering the fact that they explode.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: AllenWL on April 11, 2016, 10:01:07 AM
is that what boomrats  look like now?
I... preferred the old look. I prefer the old look very much.

Do you mean ?

'cause that looks seriously fugly to me.

wolfman1911

The original model kind of grew on me.

Rafe009

Quote from: wolfman1911 on August 04, 2016, 01:42:46 AM

I'm grateful Tynaan changed the model. The old one looked like a placeholder to me and the distinction between squirrels and boomrats is much easier now

SpaceDorf

But they look like the legless cousin of a baneling mated with a bellow ...

Also Red ones go faster :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Pickleinthahouse

Quote from: Rafe009 on August 04, 2016, 02:08:57 AM
Quote from: wolfman1911 on August 04, 2016, 01:42:46 AM

I'm grateful Tynaan changed the model. The old one looked like a placeholder to me and the distinction between squirrels and boomrats is much easier now

i agree, they kind of looked like ants before