large raids cusing massive frame rate drop due to path finding issues

Started by dakenho, January 31, 2014, 11:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakenho

I am have made it to day 90 and have been having massive raids, the number of raiders do not seem to be the problem but rather the raiders getting stuck on terrain and not being able path properly to my base, they will just kind of spudder back and forth on a rock formation (often splitting raiders forces in half)
I must repeat, this problem only occurs once a raider gets stuck in the described behavior above.
I am running a quad core i7 3.2ghz processor with a geforce 560 ti.

dakenho

I am not sure this has anything to do with it but some raiders stop moving all together,   takes hunting these guys down or the raiders giving up to get them to leave.

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ApexPredator

I have a similar problem but with my colony. Very very slow movements, just ticking a long.

cud

Same i dont know why this was released when clearly shit is not working!!
i cant even have 8 col and them working without FPS drops every time they go to gather some resources then it returns to normal if a fire starts holy shit its like lag its just stupid coz i put so much time into the old patch n loved it and love the new patch but hate the FPS drops its unplayable

User was warned for this post - be civil.

dakenho

I can attach the save, where is the saved game folder I am not seeing it in the same area i unziped rim world too.
Quote from: cud on February 01, 2014, 01:18:55 AM
Same i dont know why this was released when clearly shit is not working!!
i cant even have 8 col and them working without FPS drops every time they go to gather some resources then it returns to normal if a fire starts holy shit its like lag its just stupid coz i put so much time into the old patch n loved it and love the new patch but hate the FPS drops its unplayable
Cud, alpha is alpha, the whole point of early access is support the developer and aid in the development of a game idea that you like that may not have come to market with out your support.  I have looked into the book the developer wrote and the attitude of the developer on the forms and to the community, trust me when I say these guys are far above par on what you can expect and they do get it.

dakenho

ItchyFlea

• Windows: Users\[Current user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves
• Mac: /Users/[Current user name]/Library/Caches/unity.Ludeon Studios.RimWorld/Saves
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

dakenho

apparently its too large to attach here where should I send it?

ItchyFlea

Upload it to a file sharing website (I personally use MediaFire) and post the download link here.

Semmy

Quote from: dakenho on February 06, 2014, 12:25:07 AM
apparently its too large to attach here where should I send it?

Zip it (-;
Than hardly anything is left over of it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

ItchyFlea

Semmy, even after being zipped, many saves are too large to be attached here due to the individual file size limit of 300kb.

dakenho

Semmy

Ok i tried it.
It chrashes instantly for me.

Quote from: dakenho on February 08, 2014, 02:20:40 AM
file attached

This savegame is from a old version. <GameVersion>0.0.254 rev38004</GameVersion>

Could you upload the correct version.
Thank you
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke