Unable to load map I played the day before (no mods)

Started by tazdbz, April 11, 2016, 12:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazdbz

I want to play the game I had started yesterday, and everything starts to load fine, but the map stops loading and I get an error once "loading map" reaches 90%. I tried to get a screenshot of it, but it is too fast for me to capture. attached are the output_log file and a screenshot of the error message I get.
I haven't changed anything on my computer between the time I saved the game and the time I tried to load the game. I thought AVG might have been the issue, so I temporarily disabled it completely, and that didn't work.
Can anyone help me with this issue? thanks.

EDIT: I must have not added the correct file. I think the correct file is attached now.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Coenmcj

You know what's more terrifying than an Output_Log that suddenly stops? one that doesn't start at all. D:
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

tazdbz

Quote from: Coenmcj on April 11, 2016, 09:25:19 AM
You know what's more terrifying than an Output_Log that suddenly stops? one that doesn't start at all. D:

Thanks. I have edited my original post with the correct file.

Coenmcj

Cheers. :)
World name : Nemacolin

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Did not find terrain def with short hash 34466 for cell (0, 0, 0).

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

A few times

Map compressor decompression error: No thingDef with short hash 11384. Adding as null to dictionary.

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.MapFileCompressor+<ThingsToSpawnAfterLoad>c__Iterator158.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.MapIniter_LoadFromFile.InitMapFromFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.RootMap.<Init>m__513 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is an interesting one. By the looks of things, you're missing a few Terrain defs, I'll see what I can do about Reproing this from home later.

Edit : Is this a fresh install?
Edit : Have you wiped your old Appdata folder?
Edit : Might suggest redownloading and see if that fixes it.

tazdbz

Quote from: Coenmcj on April 11, 2016, 10:48:36 PM
Edit : Is this a fresh install?

Yes, it is a fresh install.

Edit : Have you wiped your old Appdata folder?

there was no old Appdata folder, as this my hard drive is brand new,

Edit : Might suggest redownloading and see if that fixes it.

I did redownload, the only folders I left were my saves and the world folder. I deleted all other files related to rim world and opened the .zip file, same issue as before occurs.

sweetcore

Did you happen to fix this? I am having the same issue with the one save, as my others work fine.

tazdbz

Quote from: sweetcore on April 25, 2016, 08:52:36 PM
Did you happen to fix this? I am having the same issue with the one save, as my others work fine.

I haven't had any other response to this issue, so I just started a new colony now with mods and so far haven't had any other issues.

Coenmcj

Oh, so sorry about that!
I must of forgot to respond ::) Then when I came back to the forums later didn't see the "new" tag. Again so sorry!

It's good to see you got that working Tazdbz regardless though! :)
As for you Sweetcore, are your saves (The workings ones) in similiar or different biomes to the broken save?
it might be something to do with a particular area that's causing it?
Edit : Looking back at Taz's output log, I'm thinking it might be a rock type, that could be causing it, granite/marble/slate/sandstone etc. that's not being generated correctly.

atrius129

I am having the exact same issue and would greatly appreciate any help. I am running Rimworld unmodded and in the latest version (0.13.1135).

Output log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K2XVlOvk62R0RoZXJXV2l3Njg/view?usp=sharing

Save file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K2XVlOvk62TmFPcHNtVC1HbWM/view?usp=sharing

milon

^ Thanks for the links, but the log file isn't actually shared.  Please share with Anyone who has the Link.  :)

La_Moose

I too have started having this exact issue switching to a new computer.

I re-downloaded and deleted everything so 100% new, and it let me load a save once when i first re-did everything, and now won't load anymore saves again.

Someone please help me, this is literally my fav game and if I can't play it BLOOD WILL RUN IN THE STREETS!!! I will be a sad sad Panda.

I do have x64 bit windows 10 if that helps.

atrius129

Thanks @milon. Sorry bout that; it's shared now.

milon

@La_Moose: Try running RimWorld with Administrative rights.  Let us know if that works or not.

@atrius129: What Windows version are you running?  Does the problem continue to happen if you run with Admin rights?

atrius129

@milon: running on Win7 x64. Game is installed in x86 directory. Running as admin produced the same issues.

The older saves still work, but at some point during a long play session, all of the new saves I had made had this corruption issue.

I started a new colony, and so far have had no new problems, but would hate to have an extended play session ruined.

milon

Try moving the RimWorld install path to a separate folder (like C:\RimWorld).  And/or give it admin rights like I suggested above.  Let us know how it goes!