[Mod Request] Trader frequency, 5min of work required

Started by g3trans, April 11, 2016, 06:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g3trans

Hey all,

Basically I want traders to be more common, before A13 I used to get beacon traders all the time but now I can go for a whole hour without a traveler or orbital trader comes through. I read somewhere that this could be because of the sum wealth that's under my beacons but I don't want to remove them / need to haul every time.

I'm inexperienced at modding, and I saw someone in some old post mention to just edit the Incidents_Good_Misc.xml however I'm not sure which value is good there - and I don't want to change vanilla files, I'd rather have a plug n play mod which can be turned off.

I would really appreciate it if someone would help make a simple mod folder that changes the frequency and/or removes the 'wealth' dependency or any other solution would be great.

Thanks,
g3

tonsrd

a12 the % of traders was 40% , a13 ist 25% and that includes land traders....

I also request more frequent / more stocked / richer traders ( frequency is what iwant most )

g3trans

Yeah, I also have a feeling that visitors without any items to trade are now also included in that percentage.

And because the land traders have so much less to offer it's incredibly hard to actually get a trader who you can sell your valuables to.

skullywag

10 easy steps!

1. Make a folder in mods directory
2. Make a folder called Defs inside that folder
3. Copy the IncidentDefs folder from the core "mod" to your Defs folder
4. Delete all the files in the IncidentDefs folder except for the Incidents_Good_Misc.xml
5. Edit the Incidents_Good_Misc.xml and remove everything except for:
  <IncidentDef>
    <defName>OrbitalTraderArrival</defName>
    <workerClass>IncidentWorker_OrbitalTraderArrival</workerClass>
    <baseChance>4</baseChance>
  </IncidentDef>

<IncidentDef>
    <defName>TraderCaravanArrival</defName>
    <workerClass>IncidentWorker_TraderCaravanArrival</workerClass>
    <baseChance>4</baseChance>
  </IncidentDef>

6. Edit the baseChance number to be higher
7. Save
8. Start game and enable your mod.
9. Done.
10. Do a little dance...or make a thread here and upload the mod.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

g3trans

Awesome, thanks!

By the way, do you know what the 4% stands for? does that mean 4% chance to receive a trade caravan every X amount of time?

Fluffy (l2032)

note that it's not 4%, it's 4. I think what happens is all the incidents are taken together, and then a random (available) one is drawn. The 4 is just the relative(!) weight of this incident being selected.

(note that this is based on nothing but assumptions).

g3trans

You think the weighted 4 is out of all possible events? bad / good / nothing happening?
The storyteller would surely have an impact of lowering the good weights and increasing the bad ones, although in a12 I haven't felt any change in traders between storytellers - so I'd rather think that the 4 is out of possible good events...

Not sure, but it's definitely important if we accidently decrease possibility for other good / bad events we might imbalance the storytellers :/

I'm not home but I'll try doubling those see what happens with other types of events :D

By the way, I love your cats, did you get around porting them to A13? :D

Fluffy (l2032)

it's probably split by good/neutral/bad, as in storyteller decides what kind to spawn, then rolls a specific incident randomly.

As for Cats, no :P. I'll get to it - eventually :P