(Mod Help) Animal Training and plant grow (Now whit accurate information. Kinda)

Started by dragoduval, April 11, 2016, 12:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragoduval

Hi, im working on my own mod and i have some question for you, if you can help me. Also sorry for the grammar, the day i wont make any will be the day when earth name me Emperor :D. O and tomorrow ill make sure to add detail, like the command that cause me trouble :D.

1 : Im trying to make a mod to allow an animal to Hunt others animal if he/she got the hunter training complete. For the AI (in thought tree) i used the hauling one, and i replaced the haul in the job command (Job.haul or something like that, dont have my files on me) by hunt but it keep crashing. Any idea why ? Do i need to change something else ?

2 : Im making a healingroot variant that grow naturally on any biome. It grow slowly, can grow in caves or on rocks and produce simply 1 healing herb. My problem is at first it did not spread at all, but by adding a command i saw from the grass (it had MNT in it, growMNT i think) it started growing fast as hell, now half of my test map is full of them. Anyone can help me on making it spread but rarely and slowly. Also is there a way to make it poisonous to consumption and / or contact.

3 : Where the hell are the texture ???? I want to add a turtle variant but i cant find the game texture files.
Edit : Found how to get them whit a search :D. Only thing i dont search before posting and its right the first search result.
Im making my own mod !!!! Also im pretty sure that i started World Wars 3.....

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

dragoduval

For the hunting trainable, i simly copyed the hauling sub-node and changed the
QuoteJobGiver_Haul
by
QuoteJobGiver_Hunt

And for my plant, here the script to make a hard and slow growing plant that can grow pretty much everywhere :D

Quote<Plants>

<!--===========================  Golden Leaf (Healing Herb) ==============================-->
   <ThingDef ParentName="PlantBase">
    <defName>DD_HealLeaf</defName>
    <label>Golden Leaf</label>
    <description>A small, poisonous plant that sometime grow golden leaves. Those rare golden leaves have healing property.</description>
    <statBases>
      <MaxHitPoints>85</MaxHitPoints>
      <Beauty>1</Beauty>
    </statBases>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Plant/Healroot</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Random</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <selectable>true</selectable>
    <pathCost>10</pathCost>
    <ingestible>
      <foodType>Plant</foodType>
      <preferability>Raw</preferability>
      <nutrition>3.0</nutrition>
    </ingestible>
    <plant>
      <dieIfLeafless>false</dieIfLeafless>
      <shootsSeeds>true</shootsSeeds>
      <harvestTag>Standard</harvestTag>
      <harvestedThingDef>HerbalMedicine</harvestedThingDef>
      <harvestDestroys>false</harvestDestroys>
      <harvestYield>1</harvestYield>
     <growMinGlow>0</growMinGlow>
      <topWindExposure>1</topWindExposure>
      <growDays>20</growDays>
      <fertilityFactorGrowthRate>0.1</fertilityFactorGrowthRate>
     <fertilityMin>0</fertilityMin>
      <visualSizeRange>
        <min>0.3</min>
        <max>1.0</max>
      </visualSizeRange>
    </plant>
  </ThingDef>

</Plants>

I looked on the Wiki for help, but they got nothing about modding plants and trainable. Unless  got the wrong wiki.

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

Toggle

Yeah, cus the jobgiver is referencing C#. I'm not sure if it would really be compatible with an animal or if it's even named just 'Hunt'.

As for the plant, you'd need a custom DLL, since the current xml has no modifier for spreadrate I assume due to grass being the only naturally spreading plant by seed.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

dragoduval

Damn, well i will remove the hunting part of my mod and hope someone better will one day do it :D.

And for the plant well i will wait for the Community patch (Mod ? Collection ?) to see if there something in it. Else i will not let it spread out. Or keep doodling whit the values till i see something that work (Kinda).

Thanks for the help, or at least the answer :D