How to feed animals...

Started by Silvador, April 11, 2016, 06:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvador

Yes, I know it probably sounds like a stupid topic, but... is there some kind of bowl, or trough which can have food for animals placed in it? I only have one dog at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get more soon, and I'd rather not have a herd of animals constantly wandering in and out of my freezer to feed themselves.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Silvador on April 11, 2016, 06:12:13 PM
Yes, I know it probably sounds like a stupid topic, but... is there some kind of bowl, or trough which can have food for animals placed in it? I only have one dog at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get more soon, and I'd rather not have a herd of animals constantly wandering in and out of my freezer to feed themselves.
Just use a stockpile, its not the greatest but it works just as well, and from what i noticed kibble doesnt spoil
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

sadpickle

I built a barn and put a stockpile of kibble in it. Indeed, it does not spoil, but you have to keep an eye on it if your animals are locked up. My muffalos eat 15 at a time so it goes fairly fast.