[A13] No Fighting! v1

Started by happydacat, April 11, 2016, 09:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happydacat

Can't we all just get along?

Description:
Alpha 13 added in loads of great new features. It also added in social fighting. This mod causes social fights to end instantly, thus preventing your colonists from killing each other.

Sub Topic
Do you want to actually lose in a fun way, and not because someone murdered your doctor 20 minutes in? Well, this mod is for you! This mod effectively disables social fighting, by causing it to end instantly. This is my first mod for Rimworld, and I plan to improve it as time goes on. Feel free to suggest changes.

Author/Mod Team
happydacat (that's me :D)

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ys0p4wzb2e4bx2x/AAD9qmrgzTxi2uCMjxKjWb2Va?dl=0

How to install:
- Place the file in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Feel free to use this mod in your modpacks, as long as you credit me.

mrofa

Oh damn thats just essential
Some1 sticky it!
All i do is clutter all around.

Plasmatic

My first playthrough didnt see much fighting, but everyone of the colonists quickly got diseased, either muscle parasites or gut-worms.. Point is, I'd love to see options to enable/disable these events in the future.. Like a big long checklist of what events/diseases/whatnots can happened and a percentage of how often and how long. I realize this is in the xml files, but for the diseases I can't read them well enough to figure out where to set the chance..

I like the idea of diseases.. but not ones that will never go away.. Gut-worms I can replace the organ (assuming you have that mod) but muscle parasites I could not remove.. I made the entire colonist bionic, including every organ and then a exoskeleton.. but he still had muscle parasites..

Anyways, long story short, I'd love to see a list in game :)

happydacat

Quote from: Plasmatic on April 12, 2016, 05:05:09 AM
My first playthrough didnt see much fighting, but everyone of the colonists quickly got diseased, either muscle parasites or gut-worms.. Point is, I'd love to see options to enable/disable these events in the future.. Like a big long checklist of what events/diseases/whatnots can happened and a percentage of how often and how long. I realize this is in the xml files, but for the diseases I can't read them well enough to figure out where to set the chance..

I like the idea of diseases.. but not ones that will never go away.. Gut-worms I can replace the organ (assuming you have that mod) but muscle parasites I could not remove.. I made the entire colonist bionic, including every organ and then a exoskeleton.. but he still had muscle parasites..

Anyways, long story short, I'd love to see a list in game :)

Muscle parasites go away with time, it just takes a while, like with gut-worms and mechanites. If you want to prevent them from burning through your good medicine, set them to herbal only.

mrofa

Fights are illogical, dont remmber when i lastly did actualy jumped on someone that i dont like with a knife ....
All i do is clutter all around.

bigfuzzy

Quote from: mrofa on April 12, 2016, 06:57:27 AM
Fights are illogical, dont remmber when i lastly did actualy jumped on someone that i dont like with a knife ....
You've also not been exposed to the threat of crashlanding on a planet and having to rely one others (potential assholes) for your survival, so I'm not sure your experiences are necessarily comparable to what these "people" are going through. ;)

skullywag

Quote from: mrofa on April 12, 2016, 06:57:27 AM

They dont use their weapons when social fighting, its fisticuffs only, but due to being in a combat state they unsheath their weapons.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

endders2

Actually I can confirm they do use their weapon, I found this out quickly when one of my people went berserk and had a m16... 4 out of my 5 colonist died ( the raging one was the only one that survived.) I'll try to get video of this event if it is not meant to occur ?

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: endders2 on April 12, 2016, 01:05:37 PM
Actually I can confirm they do use their weapon, I found this out quickly when one of my people went berserk and had a m16... 4 out of my 5 colonist died ( the raging one was the only one that survived.) I'll try to get video of this event if it is not meant to occur ?
the discussion is of social fighting not berzerk.. so thats not a bug

Speeny

The social fights are "He called me a pansy so i punched him" the bezerking mode is "everything is shit and I'm going to make sure everyone pays" 8)

Jeffman12

I want to see a version of the fire popper with a much smaller radius that, instead of dispersing fire foam, disperses a paralytic agent. It can be hand activated, or it can be activated by hostility occurring within its blast radius. That is to say, if anyone performs a hostile action while standing near one of these poppers, it blasts them in the face with a fast acting general anesthetic, no matter what "side" they are on.

Cleaning it should take a little longer and have a slight risk of knocking out the cleaner.

Boboid

The only real issue I have with the social fights is that they tend to scar eyes.
It takes a lot of punches to incapacitate someone and social fights only seem to end when someone is down. The chance for some serious eye-gouging is fairly high.

Wouldn't be so bad if there was some form of armor before power armor helmets that actually covered the eyes.
Some sort of Goggle mod may be required at some point :P
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Fisty

Rock5

I think there should be less fighting at the start because it doesn't matter how much you hate one another, if your life is on the line then you will put aside your differences to help each other survive. Later when you start to feel secure you might let your feelings get the better of you.

Also I would like to see some fights end before someone gets incapacitated. Maybe the length of the fight could be predetermined based on how bad the feelings are.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport