[MOD] (Alpha 1) Cala13er's Mod (Torture Chamber & Stuffed Bodies!)

Started by Cala13er, January 31, 2014, 06:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cala13er

Cala13er's Mod V1.1.0

Made for RimWorld Alpha 1 (Alpha 0.1.334).

What this mod adds:

What's new in V1.1.0

Torture Chamber - A horrible alternative to a bed, provides a painful sleep for those prisoners you want to see punished!
Stuffed Bodies - Bodies stuffed with metal in order to horrify anyone who stumbles across it!
Made the buy - Made Buy-able surfaces relative to their actually definition.

Structure
Dirt - Can be used for farming.
Sand - Allows you to place Sand anywhere.
Rough Hewn Rock - A not so bad looking rocky surface.
Rough Rock - In case you love that cave feeling.
DIY Gravel - Do it yourself Gravel.

Furniture
Queen Size Bed - Better sleeping, & Improved Healing rate.

Screenshot of everything in V1.0.0

Also Changes:
Price of Smooth Stone is now 1 Metal

Planned for V1.2.0
Metal Converting - Convert, Metal into Food, Metal into Uranium, Metal into Silver Etc...
Even though modding is currently limited, A few new ideas are on their way. Just working out texture paths then I should be fine.

How to Install
1. Make a back-up of your Core folder found in RimWorld/Mods.
2. Delete the original Core folder.
3. Place the Core folder from the Zip file into RimWorld/Mods.
4. Run RimWorld.

To remove just replace the Core Folder with the Back-Up Copy.

Downloads!
Cala13er's Mod V1.1.0 (MediaFire) - http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1v82y8mx781s2d/Cala13er's_Mod_V1.1.0.zip
Cala13er's Mod V1.1.0 (Box) - FILE REMOVED
Cala13er's Mod V1.1.0 (DropBox) - FILE REMOVED

Cala13er's Mod V1.0.0 (MediaFire) - FILE REMOVED

A REMINDER : Any World created whilst this mod is installed will not work with an unmodded version of RimWorld!

solam

Cala13er

Quote from: solam on January 31, 2014, 08:04:59 PM
the download link have Error 403

Try now. I think I linked the personal Link and not the shared Link. Changed now though!

Thanks,
Calum.

TimMartland

'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Cala13er

Quote from: TimMartland on February 01, 2014, 03:59:14 PM
Sounds cool. Pictures?

Good Idea, I've added a screenshot of everything in V1.0.0 of my mod (which is basically the only version at the moment lol)

Hope you like it.

Psyckosama

Very cool.

Have you considered/is it possible to build a wall that doesn't create a roof when closed?

FowlJ

Quote from: Psyckosama on February 03, 2014, 08:01:10 PM
Very cool.

Have you considered/is it possible to build a wall that doesn't create a roof when closed?

I am almost 300% certain that it is not possible. But that is a feature which Tynan is already including in the next patch.

Cala13er

Quote from: Psyckosama on February 03, 2014, 08:01:10 PM
Very cool.

Unfortunately what we can add to the game is limited to very small.
Creating stuff like walls that don't create roofs when closed is currently impossible, as it is hard-coded into the game. But when Alpha 2 comes out and if your idea is possible I shall make it for you. As myself would benefit from that considering I house my solar panels in walls but have to keep 1 bit open, rather annoying as this is the entrance to my base.

Calum.

Cala13er

Version V.1.1.0 Is now out!

What it adds:

Stuffed Bodies - Provide a horrifying presence for anyone who stumbles across it.

Torture Chamber - A terrifying alternative to a bed for those prisoners you want to see punished!

ItchyFlea

I like the concept of a torture bed for prisoners.  :)
Just want to let you know you forgot to give the stuffed body the new ThingDef you created.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Cala13er

Quote from: ItchyFlea on February 04, 2014, 09:02:36 PM
I like the concept of a torture bed for prisoners.  :)
Just want to let you know you forgot to give the stuffed body the new ThingDef you created.

I would of preferred to of made it like something you can just put them in "like a gibbet cage" but I couldn't figure that out. I'm guessing I can't yet.
And oh wow, thanks for telling me I shall update the links now :)
Although I did create it for my Decoy which I removed as it didn't work as planned. I soon realized that Stuffed Bodies worked better with it.

ItchyFlea

Give it <Overdraw>True</Overdraw>. That's the closest you'll be able to get of being able to put them in a cage. Unfortunately there is a drawback to that. If you give it a go you'll see what I mean.  :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Cala13er

Quote from: ItchyFlea on February 05, 2014, 03:02:01 AM
Give it <Overdraw>True</Overdraw>. That's the closest you'll be able to get of being able to put them in a cage. Unfortunately there is a drawback to that. If you give it a go you'll see what I mean.  :)

Will do and thanks :)