Abrasives are absolutely assholes now AKA colony destruction by arguements

Started by mumblemumble, April 12, 2016, 01:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

So I start up a colony, 3 people, as usual.

Merc, the male herbalist, jack of pretty much all skilled tasks, but absolutely clueless about fighting, 0 shooting, 1 melee

Shaper, a female janitor who dislikes men, but who moves around quick to get stuff done, being one of my 2 good fighters...

And Mei, the ninja assassin, who was very abrasive, I'm guessing because she was pampered as a child. But she was skilled in everything so I figured I could deal with it.

We also had a big ol husky named murderous, shapers dog. Good bond between them.

Now I started out not thinking my team would be a problem, thinking things would be fine, and I could surely at least get to fall right? beginning, especially in a temperate forest is simple! So I start mining, building a home, giving people a bit of time for joy even and everyone seems in good spirits despite barely having shelter, and no private rooms.

Then one day, Mei is mining and shaper is hauling the steel behind her, and I suppose Mei said something along the lines of her being a dyke, or needing to get laid which is why she hated men... I didn't hear precisely, but it set shaper OFF, she immediately turned to deck Mei, and a melee began between them, shaper enraged at the comment. Mei of course , probably for being abrasive, and being trained as a ninja, beat the living shit out of shaper, breaking her ribs and quickly killing her after the multiple broken ribs stopped her breathing.

Now, murderous saw this, and snapped,  going into a frenzy and mauling the weakened Mei, ripping her throat out killing her very quickly. My Last guy, merc, wandered by to see what the commotion was about just in time to see murderous running at him, ripping him apart as he helplessly flailed to defend himself, which he didn't know how to do as he never fought in his life.

So yeah, entire colony killed, because some bitch wouldn't shut her mouth..... Didn't even get a multi person raid yet. Literally everyone dead because of an insult.

That escalated quickly...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

StorymasterQ

Tynan ought to read this. I bet he gets much schadenfreude from these types of stories.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Lady Wolf

;D Nothing like losing to your own colonists, I'm not sure if Randy would be impressed or disappointed he didn't get a chance to kill them first.  :P

stefanstr

Quote from: Lady Wolf on April 12, 2016, 03:28:39 AM
Nothing like losing to your own colonists
This made me chuckle.

Great story.

My first Alpha 13 colony had people constantly beat up their cat when they were getting stressed. As irony would have it, when the colony succumbed to various threats, the cat was the only survivor.

mumblemumble

Well, smashing on pussy is a great stress reliever! :D

But yeah, I just couldn't believe how fast it happened, the speed that it happened, and how it wasn't even event, just really, REALLY bad rng screwing me hard. They weren't even in a bad mood, or enemies at the time, just really hit a nerve I guess.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Didact04

The moral of this story? A person with a dog and a person trained to murder are equally dangerous and also extremely poor targets for punching.

Shinzy

Oh man I'm in love with this alpha
I really, really really am

anthraxus

mumblemumble

Glad you like it guys, especially since I know I didn't  write it very well. I still cannot believe how quickly things went south out of nowhere, ha-ha. Thankfully this is obscenely rare, but god damn, people getting everyone killed over a personality conflict is just hilarious to me. I also agree, a13 is absolutely amazing.

I was actually so shocked when it happened, all my colonists dead in the spam of a minute, out of nowhere. I honestly didn't know how to react.

-----

Lady Wolf

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 12, 2016, 04:22:07 PM
I was actually so shocked when it happened, all my colonists dead in the spam of a minute, out of nowhere. I honestly didn't know how to react.

I would of been deeply disappointed I was recording the event, it would have made for a great A13 promotional you tube clip :D

Chipotle

Shinzy

Darth Fool

This is why I tend to keep melee weapons out of the hands of colonists.  Guns, no problem, but knives in the hands of one berserk colonist can ruin you.

mumblemumble

Actually, Mei and Shaper had a rifle and pistol respectively. ontop of that, social fights default to fists anyway. But this doesn't mean death still cannot happen.

So no, it wasn't bad management on my part, just really, really evil RNG.

-----