Separate 'treating' mechanites with 'curing' mechanites

Started by AllenWL, April 12, 2016, 09:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

Exactly what it says.
Currently, pawns get infected with mechanites, which boost their stats in exchange for some pain and debuffs.
Mechanites must be treated, and after (a lot of) treatments, these mechanites go away.

However, what if I don't want them to go away? a +50% in stats isn't anything to scoff at. What if I like my crafter having that 50% manipulation? What if I want to keep that talking boost for my warden?
Well, sucks to be me, because not treating mechanites also means I can't get them healed of anything else, because the doctor will just treat everything, on top of whatever happens if I let it stay too long.

Really, this makes mechanites nothing but an annoying and weird sickness that does nothing in particular other than use up medicen and help colonists a bit.

So I propose there be separate 'jobs' for treating and curing mechanites.

Treatment for mechanites won't make them go away, and won't need any meds, but will reduce the debuffs it gives for a certain amount depending on treatment.
Curing mechanites will use medicen, and might take a few 'operations' to remove, but will remove them.

JimmyAgnt007

Actually I think it would be easier if you assigned an 'operation' to maintain them.  So the doc gives them a go over and then its treated like an implant instead of a sickness.  So just one simple thing and you dont have to worry about it again unless you DO want to treat them, then you just assign another operation like you would to remove something.

hector212121

What about a operation to change it from curing to reducing side effects?

I mean, the tiredness from Sensory 'nites is crippling, but if, say, Glitterworld medicine could eliminate it entirely, normal medicine reduce it to 1.2, and herbal to 1.4 I'd find that fair.