If you are missing your download email

Started by Tynan, January 31, 2014, 10:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

For the Steam version of RimWorld, exiting & restarting Steam will force it to check all your games for an update.  This can be used to force-update RimWorld.

For the DRM-free version, there is a tool to auto-resend your email at https://transactions.sendowl.com/order_recoveries/new?merchant_id=3792.

You can always email our support expert Michael at [email protected] and he'll sort you out ASAP.

However, to save your time, you may try these steps.

In 60% of cases, a spamfilter ate it. Please check your email and spam filters for anything from [email protected] - that's the address used by our distributor.

In 30% of cases, the email was sent, but not to the address the customer expected. Make sure you're checking the right email:
  • If you bought the game off rimworldgame.com: The email goes to the primary email of the PayPal account that paid for the game, as it was when you bought the game.
PayPal accounts can have multiple emails; ensure you check the primary one.
  • If you got it off Kickstarter: The email goes to the address on your Kickstarter account as of November 1 (when we copied the records).
If you can't access this email, or you want it changed, contact support at [email protected] and tell me the before-and-after emails you want.

In 5% of cases, the customer used an eCheck for purchase but it didn't clear yet. The game is sent automatically when the check clears. It takes a few days.

In <5% of cases, something else happened and you'll have to email me.

We're always happy to help - [email protected]

Cheers
Ty
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hektoer

I just bought the game a while back and when I went to D/L the new version from the link in the email it indicated one fewer "download attempt". I assume that will be changed at some point or it resets to 6 after a certain timeout?

Tynan

It resets to 5 or above with each update.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Tynan on February 26, 2014, 08:49:32 PM
Hey Tynan, sorry if this is off topic.
But is it possible to gift the game to someone?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Tynan

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 15, 2014, 04:39:14 AM

Not by any automatic means, but if you want to buy it and just email me saying the old email and the new one to change it to I'd be happy to do so.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Tynan on April 15, 2014, 10:02:09 AM
Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 15, 2014, 04:39:14 AM

Not by any automatic means, but if you want to buy it and just email me saying the old email and the new one to change it to I'd be happy to do so.
Il go get Cala13er
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

MyNameIsMike

I got the email on a somewhat flawed email site which deleted the email entirely after a few months. I downloaded the game, but it refuses to update. Is there something I'm missing, or will I have to re-buy the game?

harpo99999

when the next update is released, you should receive a email with a download link. I suggest saveing the link in your web browser.

MyNameIsMike

Ok. I'll check that. Thank you.

Mondkalb

Hello everyone,

before mailing, I thought I'll give the forum a try to solve my problem:
I'm not actually missing my download email, but my download... ;)

1. I have gotten the email with the download link from SendOwl.

2. I followed the link and my Browser opened the site. It said 5 download tries per file. Everything as expected.

3. I started the download for Windows and everything seemed to be OK.
The download counter decreased from 5 to 4 for the Windows version, while the other ones stayed at 5.

4. At 63% (43.1 MB) the download rate dropped to nearly zero. This is happening every now and then and related to my internet connection, not the download source.

5. I paused the download and did a reconnect.

6. I tried to resume the download multiple times but always received the error message: "The file can't be found on the server" (paraphrased).

7. I followed the email link a second time and the web site still said I've got 4 download tries left.

8. I clicked to download the windows version.

9. I was forwarded to a page saying: "There are no downloads left" (paraphrased)

10. I followed the email link for the third time.

11. This time the download try counter for the windows version has dropped to Zero, while the other ones still showed that there are 5 left. :o

So now I am stuck at 63% with no download tries left... I'm close to mental breakdown and already would be wandering around in daze if I would not still have the new colony hope... ;)

I hope somebody can help me! It would be horrible having to wait for the next update while having nearly exactly two third of the download finished! :'(

Many thanks in advance,
Mondkalb

Tynan

Quote from: Mondkalb on June 02, 2014, 09:41:52 AM
Hello everyone,

before mailing, I thought I'll give the forum a try to solve my problem:
I'm not actually missing my download email, but my download... ;)

1. I have gotten the email with the download link from SendOwl.

2. I followed the link and my Browser opened the site. It said 5 download tries per file. Everything as expected.

3. I started the download for Windows and everything seemed to be OK.
The download counter decreased from 5 to 4 for the Windows version, while the other ones stayed at 5.

4. At 63% (43.1 MB) the download rate dropped to nearly zero. This is happening every now and then and related to my internet connection, not the download source.

5. I paused the download and did a reconnect.

6. I tried to resume the download multiple times but always received the error message: "The file can't be found on the server" (paraphrased).

7. I followed the email link a second time and the web site still said I've got 4 download tries left.

8. I clicked to download the windows version.

9. I was forwarded to a page saying: "There are no downloads left" (paraphrased)

10. I followed the email link for the third time.

11. This time the download try counter for the windows version has dropped to Zero, while the other ones still showed that there are 5 left. :o

So now I am stuck at 63% with no download tries left... I'm close to mental breakdown and already would be wandering around in daze if I would not still have the new colony hope... ;)

I hope somebody can help me! It would be horrible having to wait for the next update while having nearly exactly two third of the download finished! :'(

Many thanks in advance,
Mondkalb

Email me at [email protected], I'll fix you up.

Mondkalb

The email is sent. Less than 5 minutes to react! Thank you very much! :D

Dunidan

Hi !

I'm just downloading the Alpha4e, but in the middle of download, the transfer crash without any reason (Internet shutdown, etc...).
I'm tried 3 times with Windows version and one time with the Linux version with the same result.

What can I do for this problem ?

Thank for your help.

Neone

Quote from: Tynan on January 31, 2014, 10:49:24 PM
Please note: I am out of the country until May 28 and may not be as fast as usual in responding to requests. However, I will try to check in when possible.

Little outdated ;)

Thrallking

I was just going to send an e-mail reply, but was SO impressed I thought I would post it publicly. Somehow I missed 0.466 and Tynan resent the link almost INSTANTLY !! How cool is that ?!?! One big thumbs up for Tynan !! Not only one of my favorite games, but hands down my favorite game developer. Way cool guys, kudos to you.