More modding help needed

Started by Jakub k., April 12, 2016, 02:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakub k.

well,i've been creating a mod that adds a new bionic leg to the game,almost everything works.i can apply it to a colonist with out any trouble,but it doesnt actually display the option to actually operate on the colonist and installing the arm....yeah i know its weird.
like everything else works such as description,spawning with debug options and basicly i cant install it onto the colonist using the surgical options
ALL help appreciated

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Jakub k.

yes,its almost identical to the prosthetic leg one :|

skullywag

if you have <workerClass>Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart</workerClass> it should work. Have you started a new game since enabling the mod?

Jakub k.

yes i have used that code,and yes i have restarted the game. to farther help me,maybe you'll need the mod folder?
if yes,then here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lo4vboucs97cn7t/jakubmod.rar

my second part of the mod isn't loading textures,so don't worry about the errors

ps: by mod folder i mean my mod,not the entire folder

skullywag

you may want to add <workSkill>Medicine</workSkill> to the recipe so you get some xp, while i figure this out.

Jakub k.

skullywag you're the man! (or woman idk)
thanks for the help!

(also is there some kind of variable that controls a pawns age? just asking.)

skullywag

man, and ive figured it out, you were missing:

<recipeUsers>
      <li>Human</li>
    </recipeUsers>

from the recipe.

However ive also spotted some other issues, when a "parent" is defined on a def in a mod you have to define that somewhere in your mod or it wont use it, it doesnt use the core one. You only have to add it once and it can be referenced from other files but must exist in the mod. Ive tidied all that up for you, see attached.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]