Mod Request: Doors that prisoners can freely open.

Started by Klinkie, April 10, 2016, 04:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klinkie

I think it could be pretty cool to have a prison yard that your inmates can go out to as they please. but sadly atm I don't think there's a way to make doors able to be opened by prisoners.

Jeffman12

I think if you could handle prisoner zone permissions a little more heavily, player could probably set up a way for them to leave their cells without making it as if they've escaped. Of course it should probably count as an attempted breakout if the prisoner decides to attempt to leave their designated zone(Which they should probably innately do.)

Natas_Enasni

I've been hoping for this ever since the "Prison Improvements" mod stopped working correctly.  Running a little prison within your colony is pretty fun.  I've never been one for the "Butcher them all and start cannibalizing" route.

Xandrox

I have not identified the individual mod, but part of the hardcore SK mod pack introduces a "cell door" which can be used by colonists and prisoners...

Natas_Enasni

Quote from: Xandrox on April 12, 2016, 09:33:12 AM
I have not identified the individual mod, but part of the hardcore SK mod pack introduces a "cell door" which can be used by colonists and prisoners...

I haven't checked the most recent builds but I believe in previous releases the cell door also caused both sides to become the "same room" essentially.  Which means if it's cold outside in the yard my prisoners get upset because their cell is freezing.

Xandrox

in the ingame description of the items it says it can be used to divide rooms, haven`t test built one yet though