Melee soldier?

Started by igz33, April 12, 2016, 03:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorenzo

Centipedes aren't just capable melee fighters. They basically roll over your guy. Don't attack them in melee unless it's stunned (and even then, I suggest just staying at range - they have terrible aim, and can rarely break through shields, unlike scythers)

Scythers are also strong in melee, but if you have greater numbers you can take them out in melee, just be aware to pull colonists out of the fight if they take a hit to a vulnerable body part.

Also, I don't think letting colonists carry a backup weapon would eliminate melee fighting and associated traits. Melee is always gonna have a place, especially early on in the game.

keylocke

having a secondary weapon slot actually makes melee better, since these guys can now also carry grenades and rocket launchers. i also think that personal shields should have an option to be turned on/off manually.

Limdood

i think being able to carry melee and ranged together eliminates meaningful choice.

However, i also think this doesn't really belong in this topic...find or make a "carry melee and ranged weapon" thread.

igz33

What is that mod that let you were 2 weapons? is it available in A13?

Mathenaut

Having multiple weapons doesn't reduce choice. If anything, it opens up the potential for how to outfit and assign colonists.

It also exponentially increases the threat of raiders.

NephilimNexus

Quote from: Anoff on April 12, 2016, 08:03:42 PM
Well, first of all... a SHIV... you do realize that you can pretty easily make much better weapons, right?

You say that now, but have you played Long War?

Nickvr628

I had a melee 12 brawler join my colony and all I had was the plasteel knife I got at the beginning of the game. I got my best crafter (skill 8 at the time) and had him use all the plasteel from a recent mech attack to produce a longsword. Surprisingly, it was good quality, and it kicks butt. I think it got 22 DPS. One or two hits is all it takes to take down a unarmored enemy.