Mods are not Activating even though the game says they are activated

Started by Chicken Breast, April 12, 2016, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicken Breast

I've gone through the Mods one by one to check and see if there were issues, but it is making no sense to me. I'm using

Mod Order
More Factions
Rimsenal Core & Hair
Medical Training
and High Caliber

I checked the forums to see if anyone else was having problems with any of these mods and it seems like most issues have been resolved. I'm not seeing anything about why mod activation would fail to actually do anything in game. It doesn't say anything to me about mods being messed up, and it says that the worlds are created with those mods activated, but they clearly aren't. For instance, when I activate Mod Order, it does not show the updated Mod Order screen when I reopen the Mods window. Further, when I activate More Factions, I create a new world and it does not show more than the original amount of factions. Again, this does not seem to be a problem anyone else is having, and I'm unable to understand what is going on.

I've tried redownloading Rimworld 13 and then tried activating More Factions again. Same result. Has anyone else had issues like this where mods say they are activated but they aren't really? I've never had this issue before. In fact, yesterday, before I reformatted my computer, I was having no issues with any of the mods loading and activating. Could it be an issue with reformatting has caused?

Can anyone help?

Sig by Me!

Shinzy

Since it's not throwing errors, to me it sounds like you might have unpacked the zip files in double folders (There's folder of same name inside the first one)

Mod Order/Mod Order/About,Defs..etc
you just need to remove the first folder, if this is the case
Mod Order/About,Defs..etc

If that ain't causing it then I don't know!

Chicken Breast

Fuck me. You were right.

Don't try to play games angrily, kids.

Sig by Me!