Huge pack of dogs.

Started by Anoff, April 12, 2016, 07:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoff

So I've got a colony that's relatively new, almost 1 year in, so much food that my general storage has had to become a 2nd fridge and I might need another soon. But then I get a message saying that a group of Yorkshire Terriers are joining the colony, I thought that was cool considering how all of my pets just died last raider attack. I'm thinking that there can't be more then 3 Dogs... then 10 walk in and eat almost all my food in 5 days... a colonist has died of starvation and I don't have the heart to kill a dog... RIP.

Chipotle

Lock them in the new fridge

Mr.Cross

He did implement animal zoneshops for a reason. You can keep them out of food areas to keep that from happening.
Claims to know most things.

Chipotle

Quote from: Mr.Cross on April 13, 2016, 12:44:42 AM
He did implement animal zoneshops for a reason. You can keep them out of food areas to keep that from happening.
Yes put the animal zone in the now empty freezer, you will have food again

christhekiller

Or just slaughter them all. Or most of them.

Look, your colonists could eat, OR your colonists and all the dogs could slowly starve to death

Shurp

Set the animal zone to the opposite side of the map.  Let them wander over there and freeze/starve to death.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Darth Fool

I like to set my no-red-alert animal zones to include most of the map and exclude food storage.  That  way the animals take care of themselves hunting or eating plants.  Pregnant animals get access to the food storage so they don't miscarry.

makapse

on what conditions does an eggs embryo get destroyed? I get that miscarriage can occur from starvation but does it also include wounds?

Reddeath96

The same thing happened to me. Nine Yorkshire terriers. I had no use for them so I told my cook to slaughter them. As it turns out, socially wise, killing a "colony pet" isn't good for someone who already doesn't have a good standing with your level 16 brawler.