Please read dev problems and issues

Started by cud, February 01, 2014, 01:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cud

i have been a backer since kick starter back in the day. have not stopped playing this game love it.
since update i have not been able to hold more then 8 people no captives if i have people working mining and growing and gathering my CPU just cant handle it :/

my computer runs arma 2 and 3 fine its a top end unit ! have not had this problem before. also when i zoom right out ( when things are normal ) it lags. is it because now there is too much rubbish n metal n stuff on the map instead of behind the scenes? i don't know! but its frustrating because i play this game allot!

please fix this i dont know if its just me? or what but its really annoying because i use to have 15-20 ppl on the old patch now i cant even have 8 and its stupid!! :(

Title modified to not be in absurd all caps

Plasmatic

Quote from: cud on February 01, 2014, 01:16:53 AM
i have been a backer since kick starter back in the day. have not stopped playing this game love it.
since update i have not been able to hold more then 8 people no captives if i have people working mining and growing and gathering my CPU just cant handle it :/

my computer runs arma 2 and 3 fine its a top end unit ! have not had this problem before. also when i zoom right out ( when things are normal ) it lags. is it because now there is too much rubbish n metal n stuff on the map instead of behind the scenes? i don't know! but its frustrating because i play this game allot!

please fix this i dont know if its just me? or what but its really annoying because i use to have 15-20 ppl on the old patch now i cant even have 8 and its stupid!! :(

First off, calm down. the game is in Alpha, thus is bound to have problems, there is no need to use all caps anywhere, the devs Will see it regardless. Using all caps only serves to make you look childish and immature.

FPS drop is a known problem, mostly due to the game only being able to use a single core of your CPU. (Multi-core support is coming I believe, only much later in development)

Instead of saying your PC is a top end unit, name the processor and the amount of ram along with the graphics card.
the definition of "top end" differs a lot between people.

some may think top end is having 4x SLI 780's others may think top end is a single 670. (not familiar with radeon so can't name them)

same goes for processors. some may consider the top of the line i5 to be the best (not many games use hyperthreading) others may only see top end being the best of the i7's or a 16 core AMD processor.

long story short, be specific, your definition of 'top end' is not the only definition.

Semmy

You really needed to make 2 topics because the game is running slow in the alpha?

Closing this one.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Tynan

I deleted the other topic.

Do not post in all caps or scream for attention.

Performance got a bit worse because the AI became more complex. However, in future versions, you'll find it's better because I've optimized a lot.

Bottom line: Just wait for Alpha 2, it should be better then.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog