[1.0] Recycle [ModSync RW]

Started by Encode, April 13, 2016, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Encode

Features
Recycle Apparel at the Tailor Benches.
Recycle common weapons (as usual) at the Electric Smelter.
Recycle output is ¼ of original raw materials.
Please ignore this error: "Config error in Weapon_GrenadeEMP: has smeltProducts but has smeltable=false"

Languages++
Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)

Download
This mod (v1.0) will be using ModSync RW to update & release in the future.
Updates can be downloaded from GitHub as well.

Installing/Removing Mod
This mod can be installed into and removed from existing games without causing any problems.
Do make sure there's no Recycle recipe at any Tailor Benches before removing this mod.

Cheers!

Update
02 Jul 2018: Added 1.0 changes.
28 Dec 2017: Applied B18 changes.
08 May 2017: Applied A17 changes.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

carpediembr

Oh...that sounds nice.

Will give it a try.

skullywag

"I set it to half" thats a hardcoded figure, you dont have the ability to change it, do you?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Killaim

NephilimNexus

I was just suggesting a mod like this.  One tweak though, if you can work the code for it: Instead of flat 100% or 50% rate of return, scale it to match the item's condition.

Meaning a brand new item at 100% condition would return 100% of the materials used to craft it.  An item at only 40% condition would only return 40% of the materials, and so on.  This would prevent exploitation of reforging the same broken down weapons and torn up clothes into new ones forever via application of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.  Meaning that there would always have to be some fresh materials being added to keep things in perfect condition.

Mathenaut

Quote from: NephilimNexus on April 13, 2016, 08:35:47 PM
I was just suggesting a mod like this.  One tweak though, if you can work the code for it: Instead of flat 100% or 50% rate of return, scale it to match the item's condition.

Meaning a brand new item at 100% condition would return 100% of the materials used to craft it.  An item at only 40% condition would only return 40% of the materials, and so on.  This would prevent exploitation of reforging the same broken down weapons and torn up clothes into new ones forever via application of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.  Meaning that there would always have to be some fresh materials being added to keep things in perfect condition.

I think this is great. Maybe set the upper cap at 90% or so, but still, having the returns scale with condition would be ideal I think.

Rimfire

I was looking for a new version of this concept. Great mod, thanks.

Chipotle

Quote from: NephilimNexus on April 13, 2016, 08:35:47 PM

That signature is pretty extreme
Also this seems like a pretty useful mod, will try it

Polap

I would not scale it with item condition.
In real life, when item gets broken (0% condition) does it mean that it just disappear?
No, it just lost few percent of its components.

skullywag

I have created a mod that takes into account the apparels condition and the skill of the crafter to denote how much material you get back, ill release it soon.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Astasia

Thanks, this is one of the things I forgot I needed as it feels like a base part of the game, I always have some mod adding it without thinking about it.

Quote from: Canute on April 14, 2016, 11:09:43 AM
no 0% don't mean it disappear, it is just beyond useability.
Swordblade is broken, sure you could sharp the remain and use it as knife, but it is no longer useable as Sword.
Gun, triggerfeather or some internal electronic are broken, you still can use it as club but you can't shoot anymore.

But at both cases most of the material is still there.

But when you create something, you need much more material then the remaining product would contain later which went into the waste normaly. Like the trigger case of a gun which get cut out of a larger block of metal/plastic.
Some material are needed for the construction process and you don't find them anymore at the final product.

You can recycle that extra material and use it again in the next thing you build. Just assume the crafting table comes with enough stock material always being recycled to create parts like that. Realistically there would be no loss of materials for anything, stuff doesn't just dissolve into nothing in a human life span. Cloth and leather might tear or get holes in them, but you can just use a bit of thread to patch them, thread you could pull from somewhere else on the same piece of clothing (cut a thin strip from the waist for example). Plastic and metal is only going to dent or get scratches in it, maybe a crack, just melt it down and reforge it, good as new, no material loss. Wood and stone breaks and cracks, but you can glue or fasten it back together as strong as or stronger than before. The only situation where something wears out and loses material needed to keep using it, is radioactive material. Maybe if power armor had a uranium power core, and based on durability you got less of that uranium back, that's the only place it makes sense.

I can understand the 50% loss thing being there for gameplay reasons though, and I'm fine with it.

Grogfeld

I think that it is good as it is now. 50% is a good number, I would even decrease it to 20% especially when used with Aparello or any mod that give variety of stuff to wear. One wave of tribes people and all the stockpile is filled with cloth or leather. The condition percentage system is interesting but for simplicity small flat number is OK.

If you want to make it more "realistic" then maybe for recycling guns it should give "weapon parts" and with this plus some steel (or other material) and components you have a great recipe for any other gun. There is possibility to add another recipe for the same item, right?
Hmm maybe I will reinvent mod to repair or even improve quality of guns and put this recipes to smith workbench to make it  more usable.

BMS

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 15, 2016, 06:41:11 PM
recycling guns it should give "weapon parts" and with this plus some steel (or other material) and components you have a great recipe for any other gun. There is possibility to add another recipe for the same item, right?

I know most will poopoo this but I like the 3 level 1 components = 1 level 2 component 3 level 2 components = gun 
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

Nictis

Quote from: BMS on April 15, 2016, 06:45:07 PM
Quote from: Grogfeld on April 15, 2016, 06:41:11 PM
recycling guns it should give "weapon parts" and with this plus some steel (or other material) and components you have a great recipe for any other gun. There is possibility to add another recipe for the same item, right?

I know most will poopoo this but I like the 3 level 1 components = 1 level 2 component 3 level 2 components = gun
Add in a third level and you are turning Scrap into Hats... I like it!

This mod is gonna be a big help for training crafters without flooding my inventory with stone blocks, thanks!

JerryBi

For recycling apparel,  i can't find a option to filter what to recycle, like condition, quality, material. if it is not implemented - can it b implemented?