[1.0] Recycle [ModSync RW]

Started by Encode, April 13, 2016, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Shoes

Quote from: SteelRev on April 28, 2016, 07:18:54 PM
the mod crashes the game if activated along with one of the mods i'm about to list. I don't know which one it doesn't like yet, but here is a catch all if anyone wants to help finger the bad apple.

Combat Realism Core
CCL
CCL vanilla tweaks
Crash Landing
Extended Medicine
Extended Surgery

I activated all these at the same time. recycle doesn't work with one of them. I'm still messing with CR to find issues while it's in the update process. I'm posting this here snice recycle is the smaller of the mods.

Recycle is incompatible with Combat Realism.

kybalion

Mussels

nice mod idea! seems a bit more balanced than mending, since we have to re-craft the items we want.

stigma

What is the difference between this and Skullywag's "reclaim fabric" ?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0

I don't want to discourage or disrespect your work, but as a user, unless I know a reason why this does something better/differently I'm sort of inclined to use Skullywag's stuff instead purely based on him apparently being such a long-standing core part of the community and having a lot of modding experience. There isn't a ton of info about the details in both of the mod descriptions though - so it is a little hard to compare. If there is little/no difference then it is probably best to either differentiate your own work or cooperate/consolidate with the other mod.

-Stigma

Chibisuke

if Skull hasnt changed anything. The difference is what Apparel they work on. Skull's one doesn't work on armor vest/personal shields/power armor if I'm not mistaken

stigma

Quote from: Chibisuke on July 28, 2016, 11:25:54 PM
if Skull hasnt changed anything. The difference is what Apparel they work on. Skull's one doesn't work on armor vest/personal shields/power armor if I'm not mistaken

That's a reason to use this I guess.
Also from the other mods thread it seems like it is currently bugged in A14 and not actually returning any materials so... until that gets fixed thats an even better reason to give Recycle a shot :)

-Stigma

stigma

One thing I feel is missing though is that low durability items should give significantly less materials when recycled. It doesn't make to much sense recycling a pair of 4% trousers into a relatively large amount of perfectly good materials. Maybe high skill should modify this somewhat, but a flat 50% seems a little OP - especially considering how many "junk" clothes you are likely to recycle from raiders and the like.

-Stigma

dismar

Quote from: stigma on July 29, 2016, 01:04:50 PM
One thing I feel is missing though is that low durability items should give significantly less materials when recycled. It doesn't make to much sense recycling a pair of 4% trousers into a relatively large amount of perfectly good materials. Maybe high skill should modify this somewhat, but a flat 50% seems a little OP - especially considering how many "junk" clothes you are likely to recycle from raiders and the like.

-Stigma

If i remember correctly most ppl who have a mod for this kinda thing just use the special command "smelt" in the recipe which doesn't allow for much wiggle room in what is refunded..

skullywag

To return anything bar 50% of the stuff cost you would need to do exactly what i did and detour the smeltproducts method to make it do what you want, my version takes the hp of the clothing and using some math involving the crafting skill of the person doing the work returns a proportional amount of fabric, better tailors will get more fabric back.

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

stigma

Quote from: Encode on July 30, 2016, 04:55:43 AM
Hello Stigma, your request on returning resources proportional to recycled item's integrity (%) is implemented in skullywag's mod. :) That's what he said in one of the earlier post in this thread.

If you read the intro in the 1st page, "Recycle output is half of the cost to make the items.". I try to keep it the same as the original core function which returns 50% of the material when 'smelting' items (regardless of item integrity).

I suppose that is a fair point - 50% isn't any more unbalanced than smelting in general.
I guess it is the core mechanic that really needs an update more than anything.

-Stigma

notfood

Isn't a detour overkill?

You can get whatever you want if you write the JobDriver.

stigma

I just did a few tests before including the mod in my setup - and I am gettign some weird-ass results ...

For example:
t-shirt, cost 50 units, recycle: 12 or 13 (25%)
duster, cost 80, recycle: 20 (25%)
armor-vest, cost 120 steel 2 comp, recycle 1 comp (50%) 90 steel (75%)
kevlar helmet, cost 70 steel 2 comp, recycle: 17 steel (25%), 35 plasteel (?!?), 1 comp (50%)

I'm confused ..
This is only running the latest community core (with vanille tweaks) + recycle (on A14e)

-Stigma

Conbadicus

Hello, thanks for making this - been looking for a better way to deal with low quality crafts besides burning...

Anyway, I have an issue.
I set the Bill at the tailoring table to Recycle anything that is Normal and below. At first it seemed to work, things were being recycled, but all of a sudden it stopped working and they refuse to recycle anything for lack of materials.

BlackSmokeDMax

So, I changed the target version, and put it in a fresh A15 game. Running a quick test in dev mode with spawning a tailors bench and then having a pawn recycle a starting shirt seemed to go off without a hitch. Gave back I believe 13 pieces of synthread.

Any reason to not give this a try on a full colony? I only ask because I'd rather not get too attached to a colony that is doomed from the outset by the ineptness of my understanding of modding!

aper

Thanks for this mod, I use it in all my games now

It would be nice if the recycle output was related to the cloth's HP, like tattered apparel wouldn't return the same amount a brand new one does, feels a bit overpowered