[1.0] Recycle [ModSync RW]

Started by Encode, April 13, 2016, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knortar

Note: the download links seem to be available to registered users only.
As this is not the standard procedure in this forum (thankfully) you might want to double check this.
Thanks (registered user knortar)

Renven

could you put this on steam?

taha

Primal Lord

Hi there, since no one else has reported this yet there was probably something wrong on my end, but there was an error using the A16 mod release where the Molotov grenade had a "nullbase", i changed "<ThingDef ParentName="BaseWeapon">" in Weapons_Grenades.xml in the mod to "<ThingDef ParentName="BaseEquipment">" and the error stopped occurring. Not sure if this helps figure out the problem, but if anyone else has this error there's at least a temporary solution.
Edit: Reverted back to get the error log:
XML error: Could not find parent node named "BaseWeapon" for node "ThingDef". Full node: <ThingDef ParentName="BaseWeapon"><defName>Weapon_GrenadeMolotov</defName><label>molotov cocktails</label><description>Glass bottles filled with flammable liquid, with a burning cloth in the neck. A favorite weapon of hooligans and desperate warriors from rim to rim.</description><graphicData><texPath>Things/Item/Equipment/WeaponRanged/Molotov</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><soundInteract>InteractMolotovCocktail</soundInteract><techLevel>Industrial</techLevel><statBases><MarketValue>200</MarketValue><Mass>1</Mass><RangedWeapon_Cooldown>2.66</RangedWeapon_Cooldown></statBases><weaponTags><li>GrenadeDestructive</li></weaponTags><thingCategories><li>Grenades</li></thingCategories><verbs><li><label>throw molotov</label><verbClass>Verb_LaunchProjectile</verbClass><hasStandardCommand>true</hasStandardCommand><range>12.9</range><forcedMissRadius>2.9</forcedMissRadius><warmupTime>1.5</warmupTime><noiseRadius>4</noiseRadius><ai_IsBuildingDestroyer>true</ai_IsBuildingDestroyer><ai_IsIncendiary>true</ai_IsIncendiary><soundCast>ThrowMolotovCocktail</soundCast><targetParams><canTargetLocations>true</canTargetLocations></targetParams><projectileDef>Proj_GrenadeMolotov</projectileDef></li></verbs><smeltProducts><Steel>10</Steel></smeltProducts></ThingDef>
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.XmlInheritance:GetBestParentFor(XmlInheritanceNode, String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\XmlHandling\XmlInheritance.cs:280)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveParentsAndChildNodesLinks() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\XmlHandling\XmlInheritance.cs:155)
Verse.XmlInheritance:Resolve() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\XmlHandling\XmlInheritance.cs:105)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModContentPack.cs:139)
Verse.ModContentPack:ReloadAllContent() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModContentPack.cs:122)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:44)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:93)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__732() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:48)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:307)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__730() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:231)

crusader2010

Hi. I'm having some errors every time I activate the Recycle mod.
I've attached the modconfig.xml too :)

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

dismar

Quote from: Primal Lord on December 22, 2016, 07:23:04 PM
Hi there, since no one else has reported this yet there was probably something wrong on my end, but there was an error using the A16 mod release where the Molotov grenade had a "nullbase", i changed "<ThingDef ParentName="BaseWeapon">" in Weapons_Grenades.xml in the mod to "<ThingDef ParentName="BaseEquipment">" and the error stopped occurring. Not sure if this helps figure out the problem, but if anyone else has this error there's at least a temporary solution.
Edit: Reverted back to get the error log:

Hi my mod doesn't mess with weapons :)

Lethe

What do the files in the folder ThingDefs_Misc do? It seems like they're for crafting various objects, but I guess it's probably a workaround for some mod added items so they can be recycled appropriately? I'm just trying to understand/learn how some of these mods work.

I guess your mod does it like this (hard coding moded items to recycle) because it's easier than trying to get your mod to reference another 3rd party mod to check it's values? Is it because it's safer to do it like this than to try to rely on another mod not changing it's stuff/reference so you don't have to worry about issues caused from missing pointers or something? x.x?

Do some items from vanilla just lack recipes for them as they were never intended to be crafted, just purchased? Did you just personally want to change the balance of return on those items? ;.;

ZenonX

Quick question, does it work with Glitter Tech? As in like Titanium, Alpha Poly and Beta Poly items can be recycled back into materials??

Encode

Hello Lethe & ZenonX,
To answer your questions, what this little mod does is to
1) add Recipe to TailorBenches for apparel
2) add <smeltProducts> for items that have unstated Stuff(materials) they're made of, or have 2 or more materials in the costlist, where the game's Smelt function gives nothing as it doesn't know what to output.

I noticed there's a pre-release of Alpha17, so I got it and playing it now to see what's new and also to test if the Smelt function is still the same. Will update this mod when I had enough fun. :) cheers!

Daemoneyes

Ahoi!

Great mod, thanks for it.

Is there a way in which a noob like me can reduce the materiel to 20% instead of the 50%?

Primal Lord

Does anyone still have a link for this mod? admin removed it due to age

sirgzu

Quote from: Primal Lord on September 25, 2017, 12:39:47 PM
Does anyone still have a link for this mod? admin removed it due to age
I believe both skully's extended fabrics and the mending mod provide the same features as this mod

Canute

Encode,
you should add a new termin at your calendar, the forum delete attachments after 2 months now, so you can reupload it.
Or maybe think about an external hoster.

qdeqde

Hello
Do you plan to update for the existing A18 unstable?
Thanks

Encode

Added changes to v1.0.
This mod is now ModSync RW compatible and you can get future updates using it.
Or download directly from GitHub.