Do enemies have a hidden aim bonus?

Started by Sorenzo, April 13, 2016, 12:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorenzo

Hey

This might seem like sour grapes.

But I seem to have had some colonies where I, in desperation, took my best marksman and my *only* survival rifle to try to fend off a siege by sniping at the stationary attackers.

Which is kind of a good strategy, except if the enemy happens to have a survival rifle - or worse, a sniper rifle - they can fire back. But sometimes the enemy is a much poorer shot than my guy.

Consequently, I'll be in a situation where I have 15-25% chance to hit the enemy, as reported by the game, and they'll have 1-2% chance to hit my, as reported by the game.

Yet, in three or four of these cases, my colonist has been hit repeatedly and then downed without being able to take out that single enemy with a supposedly lousy chance to hit.

I understand that there's confirmation bias, but there's got to be someone who knows the code enough to just answer me one question: Do enemies at higher difficulty levels get a hidden bonus to aim? Or am I just crazy. :)

Thank you <3 :)

PotatoeTater

It's rng, you just got shitty rolls lol.
Life is Strange

Limdood

ive seen this too...despite REPORTED insanely low hit chances, I tend not to be able to assume enemies will ever miss...getting my first personal shield is a big moment for my colony in ranged combat.