Auto undraft = bad

Started by Goldenpotatoes, April 13, 2016, 08:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on September 27, 2017, 06:22:21 PM

I actually don't think it happens enough. Character traits should reduce it further. Things like the lazy trait should cause Pawns to drop out of draft real fast if nothing is happening. As well as background traits as well.

You bring up a valid point, however the frustration with many of us is how long it takes to properly position pawns for an assault, (hours of in game time sometimes for them to get where you tell them or for the enemy to path to your base.) and the plain idiocy displayed by the pawns when they auto undraft. I can understand the pawn getting bored standing around waiting to shoot at the enemy, but undrafted and deciding to go for a walk outside my base and go cloud watching right in the wide open where the oncoming enemy will get free pot shots?  ::)

Unless they have some kind of "death wish" trait, they should at least show some level of common sense when it comes to drafting and then going back to their usual routine.

It would be a fun evolution however if some pawns had a "leadership/command" skill though, and could make the other pawns do their jobs more efficiently when in a radius of them, and thus would stay drafted much longer if in the presence of this commanding officer. (With suitable mood penalties if she/he is wounded or died in the fight.)

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Lady Wolf on September 28, 2017, 01:58:22 AM
It would be a fun evolution however if some pawns had a "leadership/command" skill though, and could make the other pawns do their jobs more efficiently when in a radius of them, and thus would stay drafted much longer if in the presence of this commanding officer. (With suitable mood penalties if she/he is wounded or died in the fight.)

Now that would be interesting and a much sort after skill. This I like.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Yoshida Keiji

Actually, no. Because we have three different classifications: Worker, Soldier and Nudist. While these three are categories for outfits, I would expect soldiers to be soldiers. If a worker undrafts, it's still unacceptable to me and changing category would solve it. But in a survival environment where I have given said character a weapon, I will expect to have them "there".

All other NPC factions raid you with dozens, in plural, dozenssssss... players can only get A dozen, one dozen due to population cap. So I can't afford to have people around doing whatever they want.

{insert_name_here}

Quote from: DarknessEyes on April 14, 2016, 02:45:18 PM
Quote from: Limdood on April 13, 2016, 09:38:36 PM
Agree.

I'd rather just see an icon or something clickable that says "you have drafted colonists"

not even inactive...just...drafted.  If the fight is done, undraft everyone...if the icon is still there, click it, and it'll center on a still-drafted colonist.

+1

or add an option to toggle auto undraft on/off in settings.

Exactly. There's no need to get angry about auto-undrafting being removed if it is an OPTIONAL feature. That way most of us don't need to worry about their colonists walking away in the middle of an attack and the rest of us can still be happy because it's optional.

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on September 28, 2017, 04:06:01 AM
Actually, no. Because we have three different classifications: Worker, Soldier and Nudist. While these three are categories for outfits, I would expect soldiers to be soldiers. If a worker undrafts, it's still unacceptable to me and changing category would solve it. But in a survival environment where I have given said character a weapon, I will expect to have them "there".

All other NPC factions raid you with dozens, in plural, dozenssssss... players can only get A dozen, one dozen due to population cap. So I can't afford to have people around doing whatever they want.

Well we can just agree to disagree on your first point. You are obviously not talking about Aussie Soldiers.  ;)

On your second point you must not play with Randy as your story teller. He will let you get up towards 30 especially if you send a big caravan out for a big walk.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

code99xx

I am sorry for bringing this thread back to life (so to speak) but this issue is still here and it needs to get adresed.

I recently returned to rimworld after a break and was un-pleasantly surprised that my colonists undraft themselves when they shouldnt. At first i thought it was a bug due to my several installed mods but it turns out its a feature!

This "feature" is bad and it does more harm than good!

Mehni

tmo97

Auto-undraft should be an option! Problem solved lol