[Mod Request/ideas] Raider's and Visitor's Paradise

Started by Archadeas, April 12, 2016, 02:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archadeas

Fair warning, this topic is more of a jumble of ideas, most relating to a more raider-ish colony, but also has other applications like visitor adjustments.

Considering that most of these idea have been implemented already into Prisoners & Slaves and the Hospitality mod I will consider this topic not needed anymore.

-Colonist House Arrest-
Take a colonist to their room before they break, when they are dazed/soft broken, or after tasering them after going berserk, they will be placed in their room, fed, and treated like a prisoner, until released by the warden, allowing recovery periods for more volatile colonists.

-Prisoner Slave Colonists-
The slave system is a replacement to the current system, as I feel its too easy to get an insane amount of colonists(and overwhelm yourself) from prisoners. It adds a bit of RP and I am saying they can be used for cleaning, farming, mining, animals, and crafting(a big one), but bar cooking, research, construction, medical, artistic, military, and social, as these are high risk jobs that trust is needed. It allows "Cheap" colonists that can have lower moods with far less effect and less breaking. When they break, detain them.

The ability to keep prisoners as slave labor by use of collars, cuffs, and thanks to pirate merchants, exploding(Thank you Fallout series) and shock collars(more humane). Prisoners will try to escape if their mood is too low, slaves bought from pirate ships now will act like the new slaves and slaves that are 80% mood or better can be freed and join the colony, at 35% or lower, slaves will try to escape, 10% or lower and they may revolt and fight back. Shock collars incapacitate the target almost instantly, allowing for recovery, exploding collars take the prisoner's head off instantly on command, both should be controlled by a command station that a pawn(the warden) needs to press a button or just activated at will(up to mod author). Wardens will not try to recruit them and they will still sleep in the prisoner beds, but will not be restricted to only the room their bed is in. A new set of options might be needed though, allowing specific jobs(cleaning, cooking, crafting, etc), restricted areas, and assigning of beds(please). Normal collars just make it easier(and cheaper) to work with and control, but cannot be used to stop a berserk slave, maybe also allow it to be put on tamed pets.
Bindings and shackles allow you to keep a prisoner slow, reducing their speed and global work speed, but reducing their likely hood of running away(when combined with a shock collar, this makes them far easier to control) The smithy will be used to make these (or a slaver bench). Full restraints might be useful to keep a slave immobile, but limits what they can do entirely(they can eat and pass out on the floor, 100% immobile, 100% reduced global work speed, terrible mood), might be useful to keep prisoners helpless when you have too many and have spare steel with no shock collars. Slave crypto sleep?

-Visitor Restrictions-
The simple Ability to restrict visitors to an area or make them not open restricted doors -_- I feel this should actually be in the game already as I have visitors going berserk every other day(if I am lucky), visitors stealing my food, then leaving saying they hated me. Too many times have I had a berserk visitor walk into my living quarters and kill everyone in their rooms before the guards can respond(so much so that at one point I started putting turrets in all the rooms) -_- They still tend to kill my entire pen of animals far too often(4 alpacas, 12 rabbits, 5 squirrels, a warg and my starter dog, before I promptly murdered all 9 visitors on a genocidal rampage)

-Visitor Laws and Punishment-
Make it so you can set laws that visitors need to follow(like no stealing food or being violent) and if they are broken, allow them to be arrested freely. This honestly should be in the game too... As above, I have arrested downed berserking colonists and become hostile to the faction, it ends up being more worth it to become everyone's enemy to just stop them from coming. I have had my entire colonies food stocks obliterated from 3 visitor groups popping up at the same time(like 2 second interval) and eating 15 peoples worth of food in my colony of 4, before promptly murdering all 4 and all the animals in the area less than a week in...

-Trader Stall-
Make an area that traveling traders can set up shop, maybe not even a building, just a zone, this is similar to visitor zones. It makes the trader more accessible and again, out of the way. Maybe also set up a stall to sell food to visitors, a simple hot meal would sell well when you don't want to face prison.

-Feeding Visitors-
Now something a little more to help be more friendly, a designated area or stockpile object that allows you to feed visitors food that colonists wont try to eat from, allowing the visitors to eat without resorting to theft as above. Maybe also allow poisoning meals by making poisons from medicine to make poison meals (preferably ones your colonists wont eat).
As said below, the addition of hotels, inns, and paying for food would also make this a legitimate business, take the beauty of the living conditions into account when pricing. People that refuse to pay, don't get to rest in the room, don't get to eat(and if they do, its theft).

-Visitor Logic-
If a visitor is starving, depressed, cold, injured, near madness, why not just leave? Instead they stand around and take it out on my poor colony... Before I take it out on them.

-Armored Pets-
We all want to send a pack or heavily armored(maybe specialized armor), blood thirsty wargs to rip the face off that poor fleeing bandit...

-Locked Doors-
Please, for the love of all that is sanity, allow locked doors that no one can open(prisoners, visitors, colonists), and is toggled by a colonist "Switching" it or have a second option to make it so only a specific colonist may open it. This allows an actual armory and keeps the cleaner out of your room at night.

-Guard Positions and Patrol Routes-
A simple marker area to post guards that will protect the area without needing to be drafted and will move to each guard position they are assigned to to cover say a doorway. They will only do this when they are "working" and have no better job to be doing. Might be good to also have set times to patrol/guard.

-Sprinkler-
Something simple, the popper works well, but is a one time use and is messy, but a sprinkler system would be more effective, though cost energy to maintain. This and a fire extinguisher would make my designated fireman far more effective during dry storms.

-Gas mechanics-
Fill a room with a deadly nerve agent, send the special forces with gas masks in with a smoke grenade and tear gas, make a raider filled room explode with flammable gas and a striker. Steam could be an effective weapon, defense, and alternative heat source when not used for power

-Ransoms-
Captured that group of wandering visitors, sell them back to their community for a little profit, all you need is a comms device.

-Chemistry Lab-
Make medicine, explosives, toxins, everything you need here

-Oil Random-
Oil well, refinery, generator, trade, profit?

-Torture-
For when just shooting and capturing a Pirate isnt enough, this RP friendly idea is that you can torture, amputate, and break a prisoner, new torture devices(the rack, pillory, iron maiden, red irons) and a designated torture room allows for a more raider/ pirate feel to your colony, perfect for psychopaths. This does cause major injuries but the benefit is that bad(and good) traits are lost and can develop more psychopaths for the colony.

-RNG Raiding-
Keeping to the raider theme, get a party together, stock them up with food, weapons, and armor, build a raider party structure and send them to attack a nearby colony(a colony of a designated faction), injuries, deaths, loot and prisoners are determined by the raiding parties equipment and if they have food stocks. The raiding party structure/zone can only be built near the edge of the world, when sent out to raid, they will leave the map and when/if they return, loot, prisoners(downed and injured), and the party will appear from the edge of the map and return to duty, allowing you to collect the loot and plan the next raid.

-Wire Fencing-
I know this must have been requested a lot, but I still would love a chain link fence to section off an industrial area or a prison yard, it doesn't stop bullets or support ceilings, maybe even have it be climbable unless you opt for some barbed wire tops, great to keep the zombies out while you carry on like normal, visitors screaming for help as they try to find shelter.

-Cyber Hounds and Synths-
Extra robots to attack and maybe later be made and modified, adding chips with "Surgery". The institute would be proud. I miss Mechanical Defence 2 Droids -_- so bad, but I am getting use to MAI(if the visitors would just leave me alone)

-Air Filtering-
During events that cause breathing and poisoning issues, some areas will need air filtered to maintain life, some gear like gas masks can also help with poison, but not air quality. Air quality comes from mining deep into mountains, anything with an overhead mountain roof will degrade air quality over time and become unbreathable. Air vents would be needed for under-mountain buildings, air recyclers, and air filters.

-Chemistry-
This is a mod I am considering making myself if no one is interested in making it. The idea is to break down materials and grow/mine plants and minerals, the use a chemistry station to break down components, do reactions, and make useful chemical compounds.
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

Archadeas

Ok, after scanning I realized that https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17217.0 covered a section of what I was asking, though in a different way, I was more asking if the recruitment can be changed to potentially be harder with a more immediate benefit of enslaving a prisoner, not a direct alternative. I honestly didn't see that one from the day before and feel a little bit like an idiot for not seeing it earlier, but oh well.
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

Latteralus

I like your idea but to add a bit more to this:
"-Feeding Visitors-
Now something a little more to help be more friendly, a designated area or stockpile object that allows you to feed visitors food that colonists wont try to eat from, allowing the visitors to eat without resorting to theft as above. Maybe also allow poisoning meals by making poisons from medicine to make poison meals (preferably ones your colonists wont eat)."

I would like to propose an area where, as above, you can set where visitors would come, eat your food, and then have to pay for it. If they can't or won't, as in the suggestions, let them be arrested and pay bail, or become a prisoner to work off the debt as I see fit.

Another idea would be setting up "Visitor" rooms where they pay to access the room for their time visiting (Hotels, bars, restaurants etc. become viable business models)

Archadeas

That is an excellent addition, I will add it to the original post. Also, the idea about the slave labor is to make it so you can use them immediately, and dont need to keep their mood high, especially with the shock collar.

dragoduval

Not sure the use of slave, beside having free cleaner, but i agree on everything about the traders and visitors. Damn if i had a penny for every-time i had to smash a berserk visitor i would be rich :D.

But whit the new land trader, the merchant stall is a necessity. Maybe like you said, a zone for them to go and trade, but add also a stall where they could be more comfortable and happier.
Im making my own mod !!!! Also im pretty sure that i started World Wars 3.....

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

Archadeas

The slave system is a replacement to the current system, as I feel its too easy to get an insane amount of colonists(and overwhelm yourself) from prisoners. It adds a bit of RP and I am saying they can be used for cleaning, farming, mining, animals, and crafting(a big one), but bar cooking, research, construction, medical, artistic, military, and social. It allows "Cheap" colonists that can have lower moods with far less effect and less breaking. When they break, detain them. Also, a "house arrest" feature for berserking colonists and taser(yes, I know it was a mod, but I need it) to help recover your colonists that go insane. I recently got a very nervous, very neurotic, depressive colonist that randomly joined, a ticking time bomb, but he had 18 construction, 16 medical, and 11 growing -_- couldn't help but keep him out of the prison freezer chamber. Another thing assign prisoners to beds, please. Slave crypto sleep?

Toggle

Slavery for prisoners seems like way too much work, coding wise and in-game, for the outcome. Why could you not just recruit them, if you can't recruit them, sell em or kill em. With the way the system works currently prisoners would constantly break and be useless if you had them forced to do labour all day. Might as well get rid of them and just get actual colonists. In order to have slavery you'd need a lot more men and resources then just anyone who crashed on the planet.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Archadeas

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on April 15, 2016, 03:28:20 PM
Slavery for prisoners seems like way too much work, coding wise and in-game, for the outcome. Why could you not just recruit them, if you can't recruit them, sell em or kill em. With the way the system works currently prisoners would constantly break and be useless if you had them forced to do labour all day. Might as well get rid of them and just get actual colonists. In order to have slavery you'd need a lot more men and resources then just anyone who crashed on the planet.
The idea is for the mod and is just an idea unless easily implemented. Not expecting everything to be added on this list, but I feel this would make it a little more realistic and useful for RP. Not the most logical, but thats why I added more than one Idea.