Tidy your goddamn room!

Started by xDahaka2012x, April 14, 2016, 12:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xDahaka2012x

Have your mother ever told you "You can't leave your room until it's clean!"? Well, I guess, that's what we should tell our colonists to do. The idea is that:
1. Colonists clean their rooms at will. Like, when the room becomes dirty enough (can be either configurable in-game for everyone/every individual colonist or be dependent on some traits/prefs) they just use their spare time for cleaning. They can even get a mood status like "Cleaned my room +5" or "Had to do the cleaning myself -5".
2. This feature should not be obligatory, as some colonists are too important to do the cleaning, so setting a cleaner to each bedroom is an option. Also, time of cleaning can be configured as well.
3. Adding traits to regulate this like "Germaphobe" (will clean his room more often, better boost for clean room and cleaning it himself, but more bad mood for dirty room), "Dirty Pig" (will seldom clean his room, gets no mood stats from room cleanliness) and so on.
4. Maybe some new actions like "Washing hands" (boosts immunity - because why not?), "Cleaning boots on rug" (reduces/nullifies the amount of dirt colonist spreads afterwards - I remember there was a mod that added rugs for cleaning dirty feet but it seams to be not updated yet), "Using room spray" (or whatever this is called - gives a positive mood boost to those who are in the room - maybe an item can be added for this as well)

I know that adding traits when the limit of them is 3 may be just a waste but still!..
Also, I am in a half-comatose state right now, therefore some things may be expressed in a way different from what I wanted. Feel free to demand explanation for everything that seams strange to you.

dragoduval

Point 1 and 2 are good idea's. Im sure it could be modded, maybe in the thinktree def ?

But yea it would help a lot to keep everyone happy and the whole base cleaner if people took care of the room that they sleep in, and it would save a lot of cleaning time to those who only have cleaning to do.

Also that rugs mod was awesome, had it from the hardcore collection and it saved me a lot of cleaning. Should be added directly to the vanilla game honestly.
Im making my own mod !!!! Also im pretty sure that i started World Wars 3.....

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....