Family Visitor

Started by Spunkmeyer, April 14, 2016, 05:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spunkmeyer

Hi
Is thee anyway that your colonists can interact with family when they visit?
What is the point of the family visit ?

Keychan

It's more of a story making mechanic.  Let's say your sister from another colony visits, oh yay for you.  It builds a sort of connection for you and that colony, even when it doesn't even really do anything.  Also I believe there is a mechanic in the game where if one of your colonist is a spouse to one of your friendly or even neutral faction's leader, they'll send in reinforcements randomly to assist you during a raid.

chino2468

Attempt to arrest > Ask to join colony?
:P

Kluge

Quote from: chino2468 on April 15, 2016, 11:32:42 AM
Attempt to arrest > Ask to join colony?
:P
This is a good idea...

I was kind of stunned when a colonist's husband, who she hasn't seen for a minimum of two years, shows up and she just sits around in the mines the whole time with no option to interact.

Reddeath96

I actually kind of like this even if it doesn't mean much. I had captured a pirate and he had been in my prison for some time. Some people from an outland settlement came by and sure enough one was his father. Kinda sad, maybe the son was captured and forced to fight for the Pirates? But I like to think he ran away for some reason and joined the Pirates only to to get captured and soon after see his own father walk past his cell without even a thought.

Dran

I've notice that when you go to arrest someone it's best to use someone who has the a high bond with them. There is a less of a chance they will go berserk on that pawn if you use that person so I believe that is a good interaction that I've noticed.

As for deeper interaction I believe that maybe some more mood buffs and debuffs should be put in place.
For example.

+20 Saw/Chatted long lost family member
-20 Saw/Chatted hated family Member (grudge?) 10% Chance of fight?

The pawn should drop what it is doing and run up and chat to it's family member once they've arrived at the colony if they have a good relationship. However if they have a negative relationship they would be cold and avoid them and get a negative debuff. Hell this should even happen in raids (if they have a positive relationship) where a there is a temporary truce and your colonist attempt a social roll to see if he can talk them out of raiding. Winning the roll makes them leave with a 25%? chance of the family member joining you. Losing the roll makes the family member 100% join you however the truce ends with in 5 seconds and your pawns have a high risk entering combat with the raiders.