[Mod Request] Melee Dodge/Block

Started by DestroyX, April 14, 2016, 02:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestroyX

Hey there^^

i always found it quite unrealistic that you can basically have a bionic beast with 20 melee skill in the game, that isnt able to dodge a single strike from a naked man with a wooden club.

is there any way dodging and/or blocking can be added to the game, which is affected by melee stats, moving, possibly manipulation etc?

because i'd love to see melee get more use in the game.. but at the moment it just feels really lackluster and wonky.. since well, its basically bumrushing the enemy and hope you bash them more than they bash you~

hwoo

Quote from: DestroyX on April 14, 2016, 02:13:02 PM
Hey there^^

i always found it quite unrealistic that you can basically have a bionic beast with 20 melee skill in the game, that isnt able to dodge a single strike from a naked man with a wooden club.

is there any way dodging and/or blocking can be added to the game, which is affected by melee stats, moving, possibly manipulation etc?

because i'd love to see melee get more use in the game.. but at the moment it just feels really lackluster and wonky.. since well, its basically bumrushing the enemy and hope you bash them more than they bash you~

It's not quite the mod you want but for the same effect check out skullywags mods. He has one which makes medieval shields that depending on your colonists melee skill take all the melee damage instead of the pawn. Would highly recommend as a stop gap.at least I think it's skullys. Just started a morning shift at 6am so I could be wrong xD

goja9014

NoImageAvailable (aka Combat Realism Modder) had a plan to rework melee system.
but unfortunately since he stopped modding due to lack of modding support, it won't be happen.