[A13] Ocean Biome mod

Started by Jakub k., April 14, 2016, 02:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What improvements should i add.  2 votes per person

wooden floors that can float on water
81 (73.6%)
changing the fertility of sand to something higher
17 (15.5%)
allowing to place soil on the wooden floors (this and wooden floor idea)
48 (43.6%)
palm trees on sand (might be hard for me)
33 (30%)
beach themed joy items (yea idk)
23 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Jakub k.

not something either of us expected,but here it is..
the ultimate...

U̶g̶l̶y̶ ̶O̶c̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶B̶i̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶o̶n̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶

Ocean mod!

Features
♣ ugly terrain where colonists can't grow food due to altitude levels
♣ random strip of land where all the geysers are, very useful
♣ ton of fun for the whole family!

I am currently working on new features for this mod
-special wooden floor placeable on water  90% complete
    need texture.it has to be translucent.i can make a image made in paint translucent. Any help appreciated

thanks to knainoa for the awesome patch thingy majig! i added it to the attachments

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

dragoduval

And i was going to try doing one too :D. Will try once im home, does it come whit crabs ?

O and the fishing mod still no A13 right ?
Im making my own mod !!!! Also im pretty sure that i started World Wars 3.....

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

Rikiki

Quote from: dragoduval on April 14, 2016, 03:07:52 PM
You won't even have enough wood to build the fishing pier! ;)

eatKenny

Quote from: Rikiki on April 14, 2016, 03:15:02 PM
Quote from: dragoduval on April 14, 2016, 03:07:52 PM
You won't even have enough wood to build the fishing pier! ;)

with this mod you are the fish ;)

Jakub k.

no craps.just colonists eating eachover

"as the wave approches,you can hear someone shouting "WILSON!""

also,if you look hard enough,theres an easter egg in the screenshot

NephilimNexus

dyl000

This mod has actually gotten me thinking of an island biom mod, maybe you start on a somewhat small island, big enough for a small farm, and comes with a few trees, later on once you have gotten enough wood and such saved up you could build bridges or boats to get  to nearby islands, one big issue would be how raids work, and how materials like iron and plasteel would work.....

wolfrun65

are you thinking Submerged (shallow water is navigable until you have advanced mobility tech) or Waterworld (stuck on boats/islands)?

knainoa

so is this mod dead? because I really like the idea, love it actually, and was wondering when an update will be because right now it's incompatible with a lot of stuff and causes the neon colored screen crash on my rimworld

Jakub k.

Quote from: knainoa on May 06, 2016, 01:31:55 AM
so is this mod dead? because I really like the idea, love it actually, and was wondering when an update will be because right now it's incompatible with a lot of stuff and causes the neon colored screen crash on my rimworld
i can't fix that until i know what mods are incompatible.

Rock5

I recon I would give this a go. My first thought was "It would need a fishing mod or some other way to help them survive.". My second thought was "Could some clever plan of action allow colonists to survive with vanilla features?". Really make you think.

For starters sand has very low fertility, if I remember correctly, so even if you covered the whole island you might not be able to keep up food production. If nothing stops animal spawns I guess you could hunt but I suspect this mod should - if it doesn't - reduce or stop animal spawns. I guess instead of fishing you could have fish spawns (like animal spawns) and the hunters can wade out and shoot them. LoL. They would have to be pretty big fish. :)

Then there is the problem of building material. Again, you could grow some wood but it would take forever and any trees you plant would take up valuable space that you could use to plant food.

Then there are the other unavailable resources such as steel, plasteel, etc. You would only be able to buy those but without a way to make excess sellable produce you wont have the money to buy anything.

I think this biome isn't playable unless you have supporting features such as fishing (or fish spawning) and perhaps building platforms that would allow you to build structures over the water, that way you could save the land for growing. And it would help if there was even just a little soil in the middle of the island for that first life saving quick crop of rice.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Kaballah

Rikiki has a fishing industry mod (not updated for A13 yet) that would make this just fine to play on.

knainoa

hello did some testing, Im using OceanMod and Core exclusively and after a few seconds when playing the screen goes into that broken colorful mode,im sure you knwo what im talking about. Seems like OceanMod is incompatible with Rimworld alone, or maybe I did something wrong. Im trying a fresh download and install now.

Update: same issue with fresh install. Anyone else having this problem???

knainoa

Hey Jakub. went in and fixed the problem myself, looks like it was due to a few missing defs in the file. this actually made the mod very compatible with various biome altering mods. Im gonna post it here for anyone to use, but since its still your mod with my edit, feel free to use and take credit for the update!  :D

great work love this mod

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

pbr7994

Hmm, with the fishing industry mod for food and the mod that adds a mining quarry, this mod might actually be playable, maybe with prepare carefully to make v sure you have enough food/materials to get them both built