[A13] Ocean Biome mod

Started by Jakub k., April 14, 2016, 02:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What improvements should i add.  2 votes per person

wooden floors that can float on water
81 (73.6%)
changing the fertility of sand to something higher
17 (15.5%)
allowing to place soil on the wooden floors (this and wooden floor idea)
48 (43.6%)
palm trees on sand (might be hard for me)
33 (30%)
beach themed joy items (yea idk)
23 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Jakub k.

Quote from: lost_RD on May 13, 2016, 09:28:23 AM
Here are the textures, my idea was to have the wood floor with some holes so you can see water underneath.
would transparency work though? btw thanks for the textures u the boss but would it work

Kaballah

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 11, 2016, 02:52:27 PM
i have no clue how to make only specific floor types be placeable on water,but i'll work on it

Skullywag does this in his Natural Floors mod.
https://github.com/Skullywag/NaturalFloors/releases/tag/NaturalFloors1.1

Jakub k.

i allready managed to make wooden flooring only be placable on water...but then i realised someone made another mod that allows you to settle in the ocean biome...so...you know.

lost_RD

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 13, 2016, 12:27:29 PM
Quote from: lost_RD on May 13, 2016, 09:28:23 AM
Here are the textures, my idea was to have the wood floor with some holes so you can see water underneath.
would transparency work though? btw thanks for the textures u the boss but would it work

Here's what I meant, picture attached

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Rock5

That doesn't look very realistic. I can imagine cracks between the boards.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

lost_RD

Quote from: Rock5 on May 16, 2016, 05:55:34 AM
That doesn't look very realistic. I can imagine cracks between the boards.

It was a 5 minute job, not my magnum opus :P

Jakub k.

i believe the texture should look more like wooden planks put together with water cracks in between.im not sure tho

Plymouth

mate, something strange happens when I play with your biome + crashlanding mod.

somewhere mid-way during the fall of debris rimworld goes all trippy with blue and purple screen and trail effects. Any Idea?

Nevermind, read through the topic, got the solution.

Jakub k.

Quote from: Plymouth on June 10, 2016, 01:39:03 PM

somewhere mid-way during the fall of debris rimworld goes all trippy with blue and purple screen and trail effects. Any Idea?

this happened to me.you see,each item (i think) has a weight.aka i think most things would not spawn on water,i i believe that all those things that spawned werent done properly and disapeared, cauing the crash.but anyway,i might be wrong.

Plymouth

Quote from: Jakub k. on June 10, 2016, 04:11:14 PM
Quote from: Plymouth on June 10, 2016, 01:39:03 PM

this happened to me.you see,each item (i think) has a weight.aka i think most things would not spawn on water,i i believe that all those things that spawned werent done properly and disapeared, cauing the crash.but anyway,i might be wrong.
No, there's the same bug described on the first page of this topic, a person has published a patch which fixes the problem on that same first page. Go take a look.

sulusdacor

more or less an update/fix for a15. was playing around with this a bit, my current thing to download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/44c1a8tjr7s62q4/sd_ocean_a15c_justATest.7z?dl=0
(if me posting/making this is not okay with any author of this mod or the other ocean biome mod, please send me a pm or reply here and i will take the link down.)

its a bit different from this mod, since it adds deep water everywhere and some shallow water "walkways". and i added some soil to grow on the islands (might need to reroll a bit to get a decent spot). it does not add any new animals/plants.

the plants are for the hot/medium temperature bioms. so you might want to choose a watertile there to start.

i have not played with this yet! the issues that will probably occur:
- very few ressouces (trees, rock chunks etc.)
- hard to prgress since you might not reach other islands/ressouces
so maybe start with a bit more ressouces than normal or use additional mods.

you can get a error,for the game not finding a good "drop spot" for your colonists due to so much water. this will not harm your game and is just a first starting out thing. but might land you in a bad spot. so rerolling advised ;)

edit: wasn't sure were to post it and this seemed like the fitting topic. since mine is not really a full mod.

Jakub k.

noice!
Are you planning to update it to alpha 16,i personally abandoned the mod due to my lack of modding experience so feel free to have a go at revamping it.

also,sorry for the long wait for my reply

sulusdacor

don't think i will update this in the current form, but not sure. i have not looked into the biome/world generation with a16. i assume there are some major changes. my plan was kinda to make a full sea biome mod in the future (custom plants/animals etc.). It's near the top on my to do list, but so are lot's of other things. so i'm not excatly sure when this happens ;)