[A13] Mod unable to load any xml defs

Started by skullywag, April 14, 2016, 04:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

We modders are currently experiencing a fair few issues with mods due to the a13 changes. We have worked around or got most of our issues fixed, however some of use are experiencing a rather strange bug especially the combat realism mod, to the point where the dev has gotten so frustrated hes quit. However thats beside the point, can Ison or Tynan have a look here and see if this makes any sense to them.

I have attached an output log that I hope makes some sense to you because we dont understand why the game is trying to load 2 xml files at once.

Once you have attempted to load the mod once and it fails, even if you delete the dll file you can not load even 1 xml file until you rename it, not sure if thats important but it smells a bit like some kind of caching issue somewhere to me.

Anyway if you need any further info please let me know, we would really like to get to the bottom of this one.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

I have literally emptied the dll of all classes and tried loading the mod and it still errors with the same error.

skullywag

After trying a fair few things over the last few hours I think I have somewhat figured it out, CR has its source folder in the Assemblies folder, moving this folder allows the mod to load with different error but these are due to the xml changes in A13 so are very fixable. Ill continue on and make sure of this however.

skullywag

This issue was indeed caused by having other dll files due to the source folder in the assemblies folder. Simple modder error in the end. Good little gotcha though.

ison

Glad to hear there is no real bug here.

Feel free to report any potential bugs related to the new xml and resources loading system in A13.