[Mod Request] Sandstorms

Started by something776, April 14, 2016, 02:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

something776

I just think not enough things happen in the deserts, and a sandstorm would be the perfect thing to remedy that!

Plus it would help get rid of all those bloodstains on the ground. 

There's also a lot of other cool things that I think would be really cool if they were added to deserts, and even just the game in general, but unfortunately I don't know how to mod.  So if someone would like to pick up the mantle of this, I would really appreciate it, and would help out in any way I can.  Coding is just sort of intimidating to me.

Dspendragon

Their could be different types of sandstorms, Like there's a sandstorm that damages the colonists if their not wearing the right clothing, you know like sandblast storms. Then you could have just a regular soft sandstorm, where it only slows you down spreads sand everywhere,     
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

something776

Yeah I really like that idea! The damaging sandstorms could sort of be like a mix of something like toxic fallout and something new.

If your pawns were exposed to the elements they would get a tiered health thing like frostbite or toxic build up, that goes through stages.

Initial;  At the initial stages your colonists don't get any damages, but they're still slowed down by the sandstorm and all that.

Minor;  At the minor stages it will start to affect any place that isn't covered by clothes, causing small pain moodlets, but nothing that needs to be treated.

Moderate;  The harsh winds and sand hitting them causes damage that needs to be treated (Closest thing I can think of are burns)

Serious;  This is the point where the danger starts to be really prevalent, it will begin to wear down clothes faster, and cause more damage, and even has a chance to down the pawn.

Extreme;  Sand can start to be too much and it becomes really hard for colonists to move around, see, or function at all.  Damages that can be dealt are extremely likely to down the pawn and kill them.

Of course it would probably need some balancing from what I have here. These stages could be more rapid than toxic fallout, but at the same time go away more quickly.  Dusters and things like some sort of face wrap could slow down that progress, or even bring a halt to it.

Maybe it could also effect machines and weak walls that are exposed to the elements, wearing them down in the process.

Jessi

And whenever it comes along, Darude starts playing and the screen flashes in a multi-colour seizure.
A curious little creature...

Jakub k.

hmm yes a darude|sandstorm could make the gameplay experience intresting

something776

Twangy guitar music in the desert as the sun slowly starts to set "Ahhh this is the-"Darude's Sanstorm suddenly starts playing"God dang it!"

xD  But imagine something like a raider attack in a sandstorm with something like that, that would be really cool.