"I'm fixed!" status

Started by TheClassiness, April 14, 2016, 09:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClassiness

One of the things about my colonists that always weirds me out is that they seem perfectly fine with losing a huge amount of their vision or hearing without any kind of second thought. Surely if you were to sustain a permanent injury you'd be pretty depressed about it, seeing as how your whole life has been changed.

My idea is that colonists should have negative thoughts towards being permanently injured, depending on the severity of the injury. If a colonist were to lose 50% of their vision, they should suffer something along the lines of "My body will never be the same. -5 Mood (5 days)" whereas a missing leg or arm or hand would simply give the colonist a -10 mood.

However, as you can probably guess from the title, this shouldn't be strictly negative. How many times have you been sick or hurt and when you finally get better you start appreciating all of the little things you didn't have for a while (like breathing through your nose, for example.) I think that same feeling should be replicated, again, depending on what's fixed and how severely it was damaged. The mood should give something along the lines of "My body has been repaired to what it once was. This is great! +10 mood (5 days)"

Thank you for reading, and any suggestions or tweaks would be great!

Kluge

This seems like a nice and immersive addition. There should maybe be a stronger negative effect if something is untreated as well, or possibly give a temporary boost at each treatment. This could be related to the social skill of the doctor ("bedside manner"), possibly also affected by the quality of treatment.

Painkillers... well, now I'm heading off on a tangent, but that would be an interesting mod, at least... lots of aspects to it which synergize with existing systems.

TheClassiness

I've always been a big fan of the medical system so tying in some thoughts that make your game harder and easier is something that'd be really interesting. As it stands you don't really need an amazing doctor, so having one that can perform surgeries successfully and treat things reliably would really be important.