Implement a "Planet-Type" system

Started by Vaperius, April 15, 2016, 02:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaperius

Simply put:  The Rimworlds we've played on can be "Low-Class Earth-likes" but he could introduce the concept of alternate rimworlds, some where terraforming has gone completely wrong or where the civilizations of the past have left deep scars.

Really I think that the game could benefit from some more "outlandish" places.  Right now all the biomes we have are mundane, but the Rimworld universe is really wild and weird underneath the relatively realistic constraints. Potentially Tynan could introduce "planet type" to the game. Alternate world types would have their own set of biomes, share some creatures with other worlds, have some unique incidents, different takes on factions etc.

Think worlds where the Xenohumans dwell; where biological and mechanical horrors lurk, and where even the plants are trying to kill you.

I'd love it if we could get
I remain Vigilant.

chino2468

+1

Maybe planets with toxic/unbreathable atmospheres. I would introduce some kind of protective gear or structures (such as domes, glass-like corridors, EVA suits, etc).

Also, it would be really awesome if the game had DF-style depth: if the world above is a horrid nightmare, maybe dig in and build underground, or upwards.