Failed surgery deletes prosthetics

Started by JonoRig, April 15, 2016, 02:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

Quote from: PotatoeTater on April 15, 2016, 10:42:21 AM
It's like our doctors threw it on the stove while doing surgery lol

Given the frequency with which doctors will stab patients in the eye and remove hearts while trying to replace a leg, it doesn't surprise me that now they're putting prosthetics on the electric stove and trying to cook meals with them.  Chicken Cordon Plasteel?

I suppose savescumming is now mandatory prior to surgery.

If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Shurp

Well, *this* was unexpected.

"Valesh has failed in a minor way."

The poor pirate didn't get a peg leg, but did get a slash to his heart and stomach.

Wow, if minor surgical failures cause lacerations in major random organs, I'd hate to see what a major failure does now!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

harpo99999

even chances that it is terminal, I have had a major failure that only gave four cuts and destroyed the prosthetic in question, and on the next attempt after treating the cuts, the victim died

Shabazza

I also find it odd that a prosthetic will break in case the doc did an awful job.
But hey, I also hate it if my best doctor (lvl 13) gets implanted an new nose by my second best doctor (lvl 4) and dies in the process....

Kagemusha12

Quote from: Shurp on July 25, 2016, 06:09:25 PM
Quote from: PotatoeTater on April 15, 2016, 10:42:21 AM
It's like our doctors threw it on the stove while doing surgery lol

Given the frequency with which doctors will stab patients in the eye and remove hearts while trying to replace a leg, it doesn't surprise me that now they're putting prosthetics on the electric stove and trying to cook meals with them.  Chicken Cordon Plasteel?

I suppose savescumming is now mandatory prior to surgery.

I agreer. It is interesting that even doctors that count to the planetary elite have a high chance at failing to install a simple peg leg :D

zandadoum

Agree with op. Kinda stupid to lose expensive bionics or the like due a minor failure.

Still on topic: not being able to install peg leg often is because running out of wood. Which brings me to the next point:

Please let us chose material for peg legs.

Shurp

Good point, we should be able to manufacture a steel or plasteel peg leg on the machining table.

Or a granite one to keep prisoners from getting around too fast :)