Turret Defense in Rim World?

Started by TacoStorm, October 07, 2013, 04:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kender

QuoteDoes this mean there will now be a Godzilla type creature that will randomly smash through defences?

The idea is interesting, and add new flavor to the game. but the reason of putting them in this game shouldn't be ONLY to destroy one's defense.

How about just make turret randomly disappear, just like what blight do to our crops. 'cause I don't really see the difference between making them random malfunction/expode or using powerful robot or mysterious monster to kill them once in a while.

If you want make the live easier for raiders, make them air-strike your base before the assault.
Rogue, from Kendermoore of Dragonlance.

EarthyTurtle

Perhaps a Giant Robot? :P
Everything is better when giant robots are involved.

rkyeun

Have a hacker enemy that sets up just outside of turret range, and starts hacking. As he hacks the turret, its firing radius decreases, and he advances. If he gets to the turret, its radius begins increasing again -- but the turret attacks on the raiders' behalf. You stop him by sending out your own guys to intercept him before he gets there.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Torgaddon on November 10, 2013, 01:18:24 AM
Does this mean there will now be a Godzilla type creature that will randomly smash through defences?

Like a megabeast?
I would like that.

Have a hacker enemy that sets up just outside of turret range, and starts hacking. As he hacks the turret, its firing radius decreases, and he advances. If he gets to the turret, its radius begins increasing again -- but the turret attacks on the raiders' behalf. You stop him by sending out your own guys to intercept him before he gets there.
That would fit the game better then a megabeast actually.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Bodog999

Quote from: TacoStorm on October 08, 2013, 12:00:41 AM
Too fragile? Things would explode? Friendly fire? Challenge Accepted.
Thats a nice defence you have there what i do for a good defense i get rid of all the rubble in the whole map place it in a dumping area and blow it up than i make a ''Killzone'' only red carpet and totally no cover for raiders and i win every time.