These farming vessels....

Started by Ozymandias, February 01, 2014, 11:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozymandias

Hopefully there'll be some way to modify the rate at which these things appear, because it becomes a bit aggravating after awhile. The worst part was that they all popped up within ~5 minutes of when I ran out of metal after a binge of mass construction.

Tynan

It's totally random, so that just looks like some interesting luck. Chances of a farm vessel 4x in a row are (1/3)^4, or 1/81. There are two other choices for non-slaver ships, industrial and combat.

They'll be easy to mod in next build.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ozymandias

Quote from: Tynan on February 02, 2014, 12:27:40 AM
It's totally random, so that just looks like some interesting luck. Chances of a farm vessel 4x in a row are (1/3)^4, or 1/81. There are two other choices for non-slaver ships, industrial and combat.

They'll be easy to mod in next build.

Huh, well thanks for explaining the math. I thought the slaver ships were included in the odds.

How is the frequency of the slaver ships determined? I'm assuming there's a background pop cap, after which no travelers or slavers show up, kind of like Tropico. Because I haven't had one of those for a while now.

Vastin

Oh, are the slavers actually in the game? I've seen dozens of trade vessels - but never once a slaver. I figured they weren't implemented yet.

ApexPredator

In my experience I get farmers 50-60% of the time while industrial 20-30%, combat around 5-7% and slavers 3-5%

Bodog999

How did you put that image there?