Unable to clean/haul is BS

Started by paShadoWn, April 15, 2016, 01:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paShadoWn

I do not do these myself, but in my hard times i even collected bottles to pay gaming club fee.

Having a big morale penalty and reduced efficiency instead would be more reasonable no?

Kluge

Have them "procrastinate" like normal humans. Do a roll on whether or not they actually haul or clean when they get there. Make industriousness like a skill. 0 skill = 99% failure rate. 1 skill = 50% failure rate. Have it halve %chance fail from last level each skill point... maybe guaranteed success at level 5. .5% chance of self-harm on failure to get out of work. Get creative in balancing!

-Or just shoot the lazy people and feed them to the useful folk for a morale boost like everyone else does. Amirite?

paShadoWn

Nope you arent. Eating slackers is a waste, you use whip for motivation. Or if you feel particularly benevolent and charismatic, inspirational speeches.

And not having these features implemented must be corrected asap.

mumblemumble

While I don't agree with everything you say, I do think forcing people to do work they don't like should be an option.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

JesterHell

This has been discussed before and this was my reply.

Quote from: JesterHell on July 21, 2015, 08:06:34 AM
I think that incapable jobs should be treated like suggested where you can enable them for a mood penalty but that the value of the mood penalty is dependent on the situation of your colony, What I mean by this is that the number of colonist should effect how they feel about doing the job, an example being.

1. with 7 or less colonists - "I guess if I want to survive I'll have to do everything I can" no penalty
2. with 14 or less colonists - "I know its about survival but surly someone else could do this?" -5 penalty
3. with 21 or less colonists  - "I can't believe I have to do such a demeaning task!" -10 penalty
4. with 22 or more colonists - "NO! get someone else to do it!" becomes incapable and refuses to do it anymore.

I think this way if you get a incapable colonist early in the game they can still be useful to the colony but they remain "incapable" in that they never stop disliking those job, even if they do the job for 10 years they still hate it they just accept that it has to be done... at least until theirs someone else to do it.

Rahjital

I think performing incapable jobs as if it was a level 0 skill that never improves along with the mood penalty would be enough. In the early game, the "new colony" and "very low expectations" mood buffs should let you get away with it even if the mood penalty for incapable jobs was something massive like -30.

Ideally the mood penalty would also stack. If you urgently need to haul a few things after a raid that killed your reasonable colonists, the penalty wouldn't be that bad, but if you kept doing it, eventually the nobles and assassins would get really angry.

paShadoWnSmurf1

Buut i think esteemed devs will insist on insanity. They always do.

So hopefully someone makes "Less Insane Rimworld Mod".