Royal beds now require gold???

Started by nuschler22, April 15, 2016, 01:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

Just making sure that's true and not a mod conflict.

I hope it's a mod conflict.

Oh, I hope.

makapse

your hope will only remain a hope, and with analyzer needing 20 gold too it gets expensive. On the other hand, they canhave 2 people in it that are atleast lovers

Nelrea

Royal beds are new. The double bed is still there and the same price. :)

Kluge

Quote from: Nelrea on April 15, 2016, 01:21:49 PM
If you're like me and accidentally wasting gold on the royal bed, you can switch it to be a "gold royal bed" (oy) so that it's not possible to accidentally build one.

jaeden25

It gives you something to work for. The game would be pretty boring if you can build everything within 10 days.

Limdood

my 200 day colony started with using double beds for lovers, which are exactly as they were.

I recently started building a number of royal beds (finished research, its where my gold goes now).  They've a VERY slight rest modifier over a same-quality single bed.  The comfort is slightly higher as well, the beauty is staggeringly high.  I managed to get a legendary quality wood royal bed and the beauty is up near 800 i think.

nuschler22

Quote from: Nelrea on April 15, 2016, 01:21:49 PM

Royal beds are not new.  If you search you can find results as far back as nearly two years ago which talk about Royal Beds.

Double beds are new.

You have it backwards.

Here is a video from Alpha 10, unmodded, that shows them in the game, linked to the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXCWYPIrVE&t=12m32s

Khall

The old royal bed is the now the double bed, which still has the same stats.

There was a more expensive bed added, which switched names, and is now the new royal bed.

nuschler22

Quote from: Khall on April 15, 2016, 04:42:45 PM
The old royal bed is the now the double bed, which still has the same stats.

There was a more expensive bed added, which switched names, and is now the new royal bed.

Does the double bed allow two people?  I believe so from what I've seen online.

The Royal Bed allows one?  Same as before.

If so, they haven't switched.  They may have different stats, but the Royal Bed has always been in the game and the double bed is new.   

Khall

Royal bed fits 2.

The double bed is exactly the same as the old royal bed, only thing that changed is the name.

The new royal bed has a new texture and better stats.

Rahjital

Quote from: Khall on April 15, 2016, 05:34:36 PM
The double bed is exactly the same as the old royal bed, only thing that changed is the name.

It's not. The double bed has the same stats as the normal bed, it just fits two colonists. The royal bed hasn't changed, it has a slight bonuses in comfort and rest effectivity, the only things new are the cost and the texture.