new colony: colonists do nothing

Started by TrashBambi, May 10, 2016, 07:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrashBambi

Hi, So I've just bought the game (watched lets plays of it for ages)

I seem to be having a problem already.

I started a new colony, everything goes fine until everyone pops out of the cryptosleep sarcophagi. They ten stand and do nothing. I've set up their priorities, (manually) and put down stockpiles and some construction work to be done, but they dont move at all. the background of the game is moving (ie the flowers blowing in the breeze) but the colonists and the labrador that came with them dont move at all and i can't force them to do any jobs either?

there's also the problem of walls looking like this:

maybe this is something to do with mods being installed?
the mods I currently have enabled in order are:
[5] Allow Tool
[1] Core
[6] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
[3] LT-DoorMat
[4] LT-Soiling
[2] Blueprints

I've saved the colony and restarted the game and now it's saying this:

(EDIT: added the output log. happy to add the savefile if someone can let me know where to find it and how to put it in a small enough zip file...)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

skullywag

it looks like your install has duplicated inside itself or something, delete your install folder and redownload.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

TrashBambi

Hmm, I've done that. Had to start a new colony, now the dog will move and stuff, but the colonists still wont move and i can't make them do anything.

milon

What OS are you running?  Did you erase the saves when re-installing?  (On Windows, saves are in C:\Users\USER-NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon, I believe.)

TrashBambi

windows 10. I can't seem to find the appdata folder at all? I go into my user area but there's no appdata folder. searching in the area brings up a large number of appdata folders, but searching for ludeon or locallow bring up nothing.

Zokora

AppData is normally a hidden folder so when you havent enabled to see hidden folders you cannot find it. Use %appdata% in the explorer line to open the folder.

TrashBambi

think you missed where i said 'searching in the area brings up a large number of appdata folders'. it's not that i'm not seeing appdata folders. it's that no ludeon or locallow folders come up at all when i search those, and when i search appdata, loads come up like this

I've not been able to find the save files at all. I've looked in all of these folders and none of them contain locallow or ludeon files.

TrashBambi

ok so I finally found the correct appdata folder. deleted the saves and worlds, went into the game, set up a new world and colony, same mods as before... colonists still wont move and still cant force them to do any jobs.

Calahan

In the OP you mention that you have just bought the game, so have you tried playing a game without mods yet? Since it would be really helpful to know if you get these problems when playing the vanilla game, or only when you have mods (or particular mods) installed.

TrashBambi

ah i hadn't thought of that! looks like it's a mod after all. i turned off all mods and now the colonists will move! thank you. I'll try and work out which mod it is that causes this to happen in case anyone else gets the same problem!

Calahan

Happy to help, and glad to hear it was a mod issue (as opposed to an issue with your computer or OS etc).

(@ a moderator - This thread can probably be locked now as it was a mod issue, which doesn't belong in the bugs section. Edit - or moved to mods section)