[Mod request] Components crafting

Started by crusader2010, May 09, 2016, 12:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Hi! I would like a mod that somehow improves the crafting of components. Right now it takes way too long to get 1  >:( It would be nice to have more crafting options, maybe something along these lines:

1. Add more materials out of which to craft components (e.g. Plasteel ones will be done twice as fast and twice as many for the same amount of 6 resources; gold and silver could be the other options, with even better results).

2. Insert a new research option that allows mass producing components (even at a new building), but with high production costs because of the unrefined process (e.g. if 1 component = 6 steel, mass producing batches of 10 components requires 100 steel).

3. Insert new research options that improve the efficiency and speed of the process (they could actually unlock the new materials out of which to create components!).

Thanks!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Wildcard82

I feel your pain crusader2010, I finally got the component bench made and watched in horror as it took my pawn a day to make 1 component O_O
I have started developing an automated component factory running on the ccl framework to do the mass production you suggest in point 2, I will post a link if you would like to test it and give me some suggestions in regards balance and improvements :) you will need to be running CCL though and may require a new colony start if you've not already got it loaded.

*****Edit*****
Released: Here

crusader2010

Quote from: Wildcard82 on May 10, 2016, 07:06:24 AM
I feel your pain crusader2010, I finally got the component bench made and watched in horror as it took my pawn a day to make 1 component O_O
I have started developing an automated component factory running on the ccl framework to do the mass production you suggest in point 2, I will post a link if you would like to test it and give me some suggestions in regards balance and improvements :) you will need to be running CCL though and may require a new colony start if you've not already got it loaded.

*****Edit*****
Attached is the rough beta, requires 400 steel and 30 components and component assembly research to be able to build. Load the mod last otherwise the ccl hoppers don't appear. Suggestions welcome.

Thank you! Will try it as soon as I get some free time :)
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

cuproPanda

I still have some testing to do today, so tomorrow I will be updating my Expanded Power mod, which will include new resources (Copper in CorePanda, Rubber in Expanded Power), and there is an override for the vanilla recipe which reduces the crafting time from 10,000 to 6,000. It's not exactly what you requested, but it's better than the current recipe. The extreme crafting time in the vanilla recipe is likely due to the recipe only requiring steel.

I'll also add a new recipe to make 5 components, so that way there is a slight increase in what's available to make.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!