[A13] DE Surgeries v1.06 [20-April-2016]

Started by DarknessEyes, April 15, 2016, 07:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitterworld pills (cure flu, malaria, muscle parasites, etc) should be? (please discuss)

ONLY sold by Caravans and Trade ships.
77 (43.3%)
ONLY crafted at stove (Medicine + human meat).
10 (5.6%)
Both of the above.
82 (46.1%)
I dont like the idea.
9 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 178

DarknessEyes

Quote from: DamionFoster on April 19, 2016, 01:25:38 PM
first and foremost, I want to say I really enjoy your mod! I do seem to have a problem though. My main crafting person has completed a Bionic leg, but will not "finish" it. UNfortunately, I'm not sure if this is a "mod" issue, or a game issue. I've included a screen shot of the error log.

Looks like the error comes from a mod that allows you to craft bionic legs.
Not sure if its a compactibilty issue, but it shouldnt since my mod have no bionic stuff.
De Surgeries
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18976.0
Adds 26 new surgeries to Rimworld.

DamionFoster

Quote from: DarknessEyes on April 19, 2016, 01:50:51 PM
Quote from: DamionFoster on April 19, 2016, 01:25:38 PM
first and foremost, I want to say I really enjoy your mod! I do seem to have a problem though. My main crafting person has completed a Bionic leg, but will not "finish" it. UNfortunately, I'm not sure if this is a "mod" issue, or a game issue. I've included a screen shot of the error log.

Looks like the error comes from a mod that allows you to craft bionic legs.
Not sure if its a compactibilty issue, but it shouldnt since my mod have no bionic stuff.

Doh! I'm sorry Haha. I thought I saw something about bionics in the OP... My fault!

Gibson8088

Quote from: DarknessEyes on April 19, 2016, 12:39:59 PM
Quote from: Gibson8088 on April 18, 2016, 11:19:08 PM
Well, just tested this out with EPOE and so far haven't noticed any conflicts or big issues.  Just a XML error about a researchPrerequisite for CMedicines not corresponding to any field in type ThingDef.  Otherwise, it works just fine.

Out of curiosity, will you be adding in any surgeries for fingers and toes?  One of my colonists just lost a little toe to a rhino and so far the only fix is to replace the whole foot.

Im not sure, since you have bionic legs and bionic arms its not something very needed.
After this poll i will make a new one asking if people want to heal lost fingers.

v1.0.6 will be stomach surgery. Waiting for poll to end :)

To not upset the Neurotic, Depressive Prostophobes, of course!  ;D

DarknessEyes

Quote from: Gibson8088 on April 19, 2016, 07:07:00 PM
Quote from: DarknessEyes on April 19, 2016, 12:39:59 PM
Quote from: Gibson8088 on April 18, 2016, 11:19:08 PM
Well, just tested this out with EPOE and so far haven't noticed any conflicts or big issues.  Just a XML error about a researchPrerequisite for CMedicines not corresponding to any field in type ThingDef.  Otherwise, it works just fine.

Out of curiosity, will you be adding in any surgeries for fingers and toes?  One of my colonists just lost a little toe to a rhino and so far the only fix is to replace the whole foot.

Im not sure, since you have bionic legs and bionic arms its not something very needed.
After this poll i will make a new one asking if people want to heal lost fingers.

v1.0.6 will be stomach surgery. Waiting for poll to end :)

To not upset the Neurotic, Depressive Prostophobes, of course!  ;D

The devilstand is winning =P
Now i have some guys with muscle parasites... If i find out how to i migth add a new recipe to craft power pills (this ones will require human meat)!
De Surgeries

DarknessEyes

New update: You can heal mandible (jaw).
De Surgeries

Hermit

Do the cosmetic surgeries have a chance to grant the beautiful trait (or ugly for a botched surgery?)

Also, on a side note, I think the chance of death was fine. Just being under general anesthesia alone has a 5% chance to kill you in real life, and 10% for the elderly. That's before the surgical risks. Maybe that is excessive realism though in this case.

DarknessEyes

Quote from: Hermit on April 21, 2016, 10:13:08 PM
Do the cosmetic surgeries have a chance to grant the beautiful trait (or ugly for a botched surgery?)

Also, on a side note, I think the chance of death was fine. Just being under general anesthesia alone has a 5% chance to kill you in real life, and 10% for the elderly. That's before the surgical risks. Maybe that is excessive realism though in this case.

Cosmitc surgeries doesnt give any traiths. It only restores lost ears/noses, not even sure if its possible without a .dll.
The death chance from the mod stacks with the anesthesia death chance already in the core game.

edited:

It doesnt add beauty traith but a colonist with a missing ear/nose have a social debuff bccause hes desfigured.
De Surgeries

DarknessEyes

Next patch migth take a while since my baby just born ;)

Next patch will introduce:
* Stomach surgery.
* Glitterworld pills to cure flu, malaria, muscle parasites, etc.

Poll results:

What materials should be used in organ surgeries?

43.8% (28 votes): Devilstrand + medicines (including healroots).
34.4% (22 votes): Human leather + medicines (including healroots).
20.3% (13 votes): Medicines only (no healroots). -
1.6% (1 vote): Other (open to suggestions)
De Surgeries

Grynnreaper

Need cosmetic surgery to cure ugly lol everyone hates one of my colonists because she has the ugly trait. -30 debuff is rough for someone with a severe appearance deficit lmao

DarknessEyes

Quote from: Grynnreaper on April 28, 2016, 01:59:45 AM
Need cosmetic surgery to cure ugly lol everyone hates one of my colonists because she has the ugly trait. -30 debuff is rough for someone with a severe appearance deficit lmao

It a good idea, but not sure if its possible without making a .dll.
De Surgeries

DarknessEyes

Added a new poll, please vote and discuss.
De Surgeries

Kilroy232

Quote from: DarknessEyes on May 01, 2016, 04:04:38 PM

Will start by saying that I really like this mod so far. I have been using it for about a week now and I specially appreciate that it fits so well with the vanilla game. I don't have to build 6 new work benches or anything but the surgeries still require skill and materials while also remaining well balanced.

As for the pills I personally think that being able to make them would be a little too easy mid to late game but I do think that like the artifacts and glitter medkits, being able to buy two or three of the pills at a time from certain traders would be reasonable.

I personally find that by mid game the illnesses are really just an annoyance that take select colonists out of play for a couple of days max. Being able to shorten that down time would be good and if the pills saved a colonist or two during early game then everything would be that much better.

DarknessEyes

Quote from: Kilroy232 on May 02, 2016, 12:49:04 AM
Quote from: DarknessEyes on May 01, 2016, 04:04:38 PM

Will start by saying that I really like this mod so far. I have been using it for about a week now and I specially appreciate that it fits so well with the vanilla game. I don't have to build 6 new work benches or anything but the surgeries still require skill and materials while also remaining well balanced.

As for the pills I personally think that being able to make them would be a little too easy mid to late game but I do think that like the artifacts and glitter medkits, being able to buy two or three of the pills at a time from certain traders would be reasonable.

I personally find that by mid game the illnesses are really just an annoyance that take select colonists out of play for a couple of days max. Being able to shorten that down time would be good and if the pills saved a colonist or two during early game then everything would be that much better.

I forgot to mention that crafting the pill will require human meat. the threated colonist stops "complaining" but all colonists (except cannibals) will lose mood. This will kinda keep the balance.
De Surgeries

dareddevil7

To fix asthma, can't you just replace their lungs?

DarknessEyes

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 03, 2016, 11:30:16 AM
To fix asthma, can't you just replace their lungs?

I dont know if its already possible in core game.
De Surgeries