[A13] DE Surgeries v1.06 [20-April-2016]

Started by DarknessEyes, April 15, 2016, 07:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitterworld pills (cure flu, malaria, muscle parasites, etc) should be? (please discuss)

ONLY sold by Caravans and Trade ships.
77 (43.3%)
ONLY crafted at stove (Medicine + human meat).
10 (5.6%)
Both of the above.
82 (46.1%)
I dont like the idea.
9 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Jack Kenseng

Quote from: DarknessEyes on May 04, 2016, 07:09:01 AM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 03, 2016, 11:30:16 AM
To fix asthma, can't you just replace their lungs?

I dont know if its already possible in core game.

Yes, I've done it a few times now.

Volcanus

Quote from: DarknessEyes on May 03, 2016, 10:44:30 AM

I forgot to mention that crafting the pill will require human meat. the threated colonist stops "complaining" but all colonists (except cannibals) will lose mood. This will kinda keep the balance.

Human meat is a stretch and makes little to no sense.

How about just make it a high medicine needed and maybe add a chemist table that is needed in a cold sterile room to work maybe? And have the materials have to be made via the table to which would make it a time consuming process to make the pills which is in my opinion enough of a debuff towards making them.

hector212121

How about making it a LOT of herbal meds?

Say, 50-100 herbal medicine to a pill?

Volcanus

Quote from: hector212121 on May 07, 2016, 01:52:01 PM
How about making it a LOT of herbal meds?

Say, 50-100 herbal medicine to a pill?

That could work too but it is very easy to mass farm or switch all farms to herbal for a season and farm that stuff up fast.

I personally think the chemist table idea and high skill would be the best form of doing it really but that depends on how much he wants to code and if he can get someone to do the art for the table and stuff really..

So maybe you are right and keep it just to herbal =/. Bah! It is easy for us to make suggestions but Dark is the one who has to do all the work!

hector212121

Well, yes, but then you have a bunch of guys doing a bunch of labor, followed by one guy doing some labor, just to make 1 pill, eh?

Volcanus

Quote from: hector212121 on May 08, 2016, 07:39:14 AM
Well, yes, but then you have a bunch of guys doing a bunch of labor, followed by one guy doing some labor, just to make 1 pill, eh?

For a cure all pill? Sure i would love to use up 2 of my guys time to give me a pill that can free up 4-5 of my guys with Gutworm or Mechanic nano which make my guys eat and sleep much more. Also it wouldnt just make 1 pill, make it like 5 per cycle, just put a lot of work hours into it.

You got to remember it would also level up your doctors skill if done properly.

joaonunes

Regarding the poll about the pills, maybe you could merge that idea with cuproPanda's RimPharma, and make the pills both sold by merchants and crafted at high material costs, like requiring glitterworld medicine or something similar... The pills sound quite powerful already, and I don't really like the idea of using human flesh to craft them...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

dareddevil7

Quote from: Jack Kenseng on May 07, 2016, 08:13:35 AM

"Doc, I need my inhaler." "Don't have it." "What happened to it?" "We sold it to buy you new lungs!" "Hooray *cough*."

joaonunes

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 16, 2016, 11:53:39 AM
Quote from: Jack Kenseng on May 07, 2016, 08:13:35 AM

"Doc, I need my inhaler." "Don't have it." "What happened to it?" "We sold it to buy you new lungs!" "Hooray *cough*."

"Now hold your breath, we are going to remove your lungs to put on the new ones"

joykler

soo, this probably isnt compatible with Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering ?

joaonunes

Quote from: joykler on May 20, 2016, 05:01:18 PM
soo, this probably isnt compatible with Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering ?

Load this mod after EPOE, this has been answered about 20 posts ago. You must load this after EPOE because if you dont you'll have duplicated rib objects or something... Other than that it should be ok...

EDIT: actually, I noticed a strange thing a few hours ago... I was installing a steel arm on a colonist with no left arm and after the surgery was finished an arm appeared on my storage... Will test it further and post the results tomorrow

duduluu

there is a problem:
<!-- Chronic: Alzheimers -->
    <RecipeDef ParentName="SurgeryFlesh">
        <defName>CureChronicAlzheimers</defName>
        <label>cure alzheimers</label>
        <description>Cure alzheimers.</description>
        <workerClass>Recipe_RemoveHediff</workerClass>
        <jobString>Curing alzheimers.</jobString>
        <workAmount>6000</workAmount>
        <deathOnFailedSurgeryChance>0.25</deathOnFailedSurgeryChance>
        <ingredients>
            <li>
                <filter>
                    <categories>
                        <li>Medicine</li>
                    </categories>
                </filter>
                <count>3</count>
            </li>
        </ingredients>
        <fixedIngredientFilter>
            <categories>
                <li>Medicine</li>
            </categories>
        </fixedIngredientFilter>
        <skillRequirements>
            <li>
                <skill>Medicine</skill>
                <minLevel>15</minLevel>
            </li>
        </skillRequirements>
        <removesHediff>Dementia</removesHediff>   <!--  it shold be Alzheimers, not Dementia  -->
    </RecipeDef>
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

joaonunes

Quote from: joykler on May 20, 2016, 05:01:18 PM

This mod is fully conpatible with EPOE. After a quick test and some googling it seems that this problem is on EPOE's side, not between both this mods. As I said, just load DE surgeries AFTER EPOE

palandus

Awesome mod. Wondering, if this could also be done for animal surgeries? (ie with A Dog Said... mod)

obuw

Hey there,

First of all, great mod!

I'm trying to cure alzheimers for one of my colonists but I don't see the surgery option. Any idea why? Was it removed at some point? If it was, any chance I can add it back? :P